Why become a member? ×

Fender Bridge, Sorted by BassDoc, thanks.

KiOgon

Copied across from the Items Wanted in hope of getting more views & even an answer ;)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My MIJ '51P came to me with a Hipshot A-style Chrome bridge fitted, which is fine but lately I'm wanting to fit a more suitable replacement for the original 2 saddle affair.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The only bridge I can find with the '7 holes in a line' required is the HMV, which apart from the price is a bit unnecessary.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Where can I find the right bridge for the job? Does such a thing exist? Through body stringing, 3 hole fixing, 4 threaded saddles, chrome finish.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cheerz, John [/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5][color=#FF0000]SORTED NOW THANKS [/color][/size][/font]

Edited by KiOgon

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1327230385' post='1507954']
Many thanks Howard, don't suppose you've got one kicking around somewhere? :lol:

[/quote]

$27 shipping - that's not nice.

As it happens, I've got a base plate from that model but, strangely enough, no saddles. Vintage style spiral saddles are available separately from Allparts (not particularly Fender ones) so we might be able to get you there?

Edit:- Note the plate I have does not cater for top loading option - through body only.

Edited by The Bass Doc

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1327254894' post='1508418']
PM sent - slot saddles were on the original MIJ '51.
[/quote]
I do have the original bridge complete, but wanted to swap the Hipshot for a Fender upgrade from the 2 saddle type.

Thanks for the offer - sorted now - PM returned.