Why become a member? ×

SWR SM1500 Value?

JPJ

Anybody got a feeling for how much my SWR SM1500 is worth in today's market?

She's a serious piece of pro kit and one of the first in the UK. I'm the second owner having bought her on here from BGTAndy. She's housed in a shock mounted flight case.

Sounds-wise, she is my tonal nirvana, and I'm only contemplating selling her due to her weight and my advancing years!

Serious kit lad. Personally I wouldn't let it go for under £1900 if it was well looked after. They're upwards of £2500 new at the mo I think.

(Any idea what you'd replace it with? I'd imagine its not something that can be easily replicated)

[quote name='Mog' timestamp='1327248528' post='1508297']

(Any idea what you'd replace it with? I'd imagine its not something that can be easily replicated)
[/quote]

Thanks for that, and there lies my problem. I love this amp but by god she's a big girl if you know what I mean!

I'm hearing good reports of the Genz Benz Streamliner 900, and really liked the sound of a GK Fusion 550 (but worry that this might be a little underpowered). In truth, I'll probably end up keeping her and just spending more time at the gym until I can lift her on to my cabs on my own lol

[quote name='JPJ' timestamp='1327271335' post='1508778']GK Fusion 550 (but worry that this might be a little underpowered).
[/quote]

That's really not something you need to worry about. ;) GKs are known for punching above their weight when it comes to power. The Fusion 550 is still a very weighty beast though, you might want to try the MB Fusion, it's got a similar sound in mind but approaches it slightly differently and it weighs sod all as well as being tiny.