Why become a member? ×

newbie here from Hyde near Manchester wanting to learn bass!

FunkSoulBassLover

Hello there, my name is Dominic I'm aged 27 years old and I live in Hyde in Tameside near Manchester. I'm looking to make new friends on here and find out about anything to do with Bass really!

also looking for Bass Tutor within Greater Manchester who's easier enough to get to from me aswell.

Im a huge fan of bass players such as Larry Graham, Louis Johnson, Billy Bass Nelson, James Jamerson, Bob Babbit, Mark King, Bill Dicksens, Billy Sheehan, Keith Horne, Roscoe Black, Robert Trujillo and many more!

I'd love to play soul, groovy, funk, r&b, bluesy and country kinda stuff...

Greetings FunkSoulBassLover....

Welcome from a former (years and years ago, mind) fellow Tamesider - although it's that long ago 'Tameside' hadn't even been considered as a name for the area!

Lived in Ashton when I was a kid, still got some good mates in the Gorton and Burnage areas.

Can't give you any contacts in Manchester until much later Thursday - by which time you will hopefully have had a stack of replies from people more local to you helping you out with your request.

They're a great bunch on here. You'll end up with a stack of great tips and more help than you could have hoped for!

Keep it here, man.

Hey thanks ever so much mckendrick for replying to my post, and hey former fellow Tamesider an all! small world isn't it? yeah send me your bass teacher contacts to me either through this post or private message me with names, web links or numbers! I really appreciate it.

And Loz it's nice to hear off you too mate and another former fellow Tamesider, I've not heard of Sam who's a bass teacher where in Tameside does he teach? does he have a web link or number? if so please private message me with his info!

I'll accumulate all the links and messages from people with bass teacher info and from bass teachers themselves and then ring round or email them to find which one suits me and where they are based aswell.

thanks guys, i'll add you to my friends on here if you don't mind!

Cheers, Dominic

Hello everyone, thanks for all your replies once again.

pastor yeah I think i'll try asking around inside the shops, i have been down manchester inside shops like forsyths, johnny roadhouse, dawsons looking on the at their adverts, forsyths advert wall was cake in more piano tuition and lead/rhythm guitar tuition but couldn't find any bass ads, johnny roadhouse couldn't see any bass lessons ads, dawsons seen a few bass ads!

lozbass I do know sam lees, i always thought he was mainly a lead/rhythm guitar tutor as ive seen him in the washington lees expierience he had a bit of blues kinda rock band and a few cds out at one time. now he's playing gypsy jazz django reinhardt stuff!

there is a guy in Ashton-under-lyne who seems ok called Daniel Cocker who teache's bass I may give him a call! anyone heard of him before? I also did contact a guy off here called jake brown who looked really good, but he never replied back to me..i contacted him through his lessons email and youtube account aswell. no reply of him..i guess he's busy or away giggin at this moment so i could hear back from him!