Why become a member? ×

Gallien Kruger Fusion 1050

JPJ

I'm seriously thinking of downsizing the 'rig of doom' and having heard the Fusion 550 in action and being impressed by the authority of the tone, I was wondering whether any Basschatter's had anything to say about the Fusion 1050?

It never made it into production. :(

The 550 is a briliant amp though, personally I wouldn't buy it just for the valve pre-amp, I'd rather go for the 2001RB (I think the 2001RB has a good warm tone and even break up without sounding harsh, they also sound very similar), but if you want the memory banks between the different patches then it does the trick and sounds stunning.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' timestamp='1326832604' post='1502623']
It never made it into production. :(

The 550 is a briliant amp though, personally I wouldn't buy it just for the valve pre-amp, I'd rather go for the 2001RB (I think the 2001RB has a good warm tone and even break up without sounding harsh, they also sound very similar), but if you want the memory banks between the different patches then it does the trick and sounds stunning.
[/quote]

Cheers for that.

Amazing that, I wonder what Soundslive would do if I ordered one off their website!

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1326832921' post='1502632']
:o Downsizing... DOWNSIZING! Has that eye op' affected your back? :D
[/quote]

No heavy lifting allowed!

I might just look for a 4ohm cab for those smaller gigs and keep the SWR head and Goliaths for the bigger gigs & rallies as I love the tone (and volume lol)