Why become a member? ×

Sell up my half stack

krazy_olie

I'm thinking of selling my half stack, I don't even have it at uni because the cab is too big so it doesn't serve much use (Though I could bring it if I really needed it). I'm thinking a swap for a combo of slightly lower power is in order.

I really like my head, especially as I got it for such a great price though so it's not a straightforward decision.
It's a warwick profet 3 (german made not the newer chinese ones) and an Ashdown MAG 115. Probably worth around 250ish maybe a little bit more together?.
Money wise though I would be losing out unless I managed to find a trade so I need some advice.

The warwick neo combos look like the most reasonable replacement at the moment, although I'd like one of the more powerful ones the 150W 12" might be all I can afford.Pretty good prices at the bass centre.

Edited by krazy_olie

Unfortunately Markbass is a bit too far out my price range. The Warwick CL ND 4 looks like the best possible replacement but there's also the possibility of a Hartke, ashdown, line 6 or maybe something else I haven't thought of.

150w would be fine as I don't expect to be playing anywhere big enough without a PA to be honest.

Edited by krazy_olie

Thanks for the suggestion of those cabs. I really don't know if it would add that much portability in which case I might just be better off keeping what I have, the Ashdown cab is quite light. Perhaps I'll bring it to Uni next term and see how it goes.

[quote name='The Funk' post='1404' date='May 18 2007, 01:47 PM']The other option is to not bother with a cab and just DI out of your amp.[/quote]

Yep... that is the ultimate in portability. If I know a venue has decent monitoring I just plug in, before via my Line 6 Bass Pod, but now I shall be using my EBS Multibass II. You could also check out the MXR and Sansamp DIs too.

I believe that Crazykiwi may have a Warwick Neo combo for sale if I remember correctly.

For size and weight you should consider the EA iAmp 200 Combo...

I have one of these and it's great, superb sound and portability if you can pick up a second one you'll be doing well, there aren't many about. I'm considering selling mine at the moment to try out a pre/power amp set up for a while, but i fear it will be out of your price range as I'd need to get about £500 quid for it... they are £1300 new - I know that's a lot of cash but in my experience you always get what you pay for :) and in my opinion it's been great value...

• 3 years later...