Why become a member? ×

Fender P basses

krispn

Okay

First Mike Dirnt P bass with two custom made pick guards in black and tort (original white included).
This has had extensive work to the neck (£100+) and plays like a custom shop bass. Fender Custom Shop '59 pick u which is one of the better P bass pick up's I've heard in a long time. Bass is black with r/w neck and bad ass bridge. £450

Second is Matt Freeman with upgrades. Seymour 1/4lb'er and a badass bridge fitted along with wiring upgrade kit.
******* Same body wood as USA precisions**********

I've learned otherwise the body wood is basswood and apologies fro the misinformation.

Build quality is high - Black w/ black pick guard and all maple neck.£400

The MF is light and spritely in tone. The wiring kit really adds versatility and the bass can do modern and vintage. Nice tone with flat wounds which nicely compensate for the mid scoop the 1/4lb'ers are famed for. High output bass and worth every penny!

The Dirnt is heavier than the MF and overall more vintage in character, a darker sounding bass. This is likely in part to the basswood body and rosewood neck. Much more pronounced in mids and I can't say enough about the pick up which really is fantastic. It's a shame Fender don't make this available in more basses/to the general public. I like this with round wounds as the tone rolled back to abt 30% -40% gets nice and dark and again classic P tone. The bad ass bridge adds a little brightness but thats easily tamed with the tone control.

Sale only on each bass. Needs must unfortunately. They are both available to demo in Edinburgh.

Thanks

Edited by krispn

• 2 weeks later...