Why become a member? ×

No longer for sale :Rickenbacker 4003 Bass '03 (May trade for a Precision)

Danatthepub

[b][size=5]No longer for sale.[/size][/b]

Hi,

Not sure really if I want to sell this but I thought I might put the feelers out. I dont really use it since im not in a band anymore and mainly play guitar now.

Anyways, its a Rickenbacker 4003 bass from 2003. Brought new by myself from sound control Birmingham (still have receipt). I would say that condition is about 8.5-9/10. Plays superb! I have gigged it but that doesn't mean abused, I generally try to look after my gear. A few very very light marks on the body, you would have to be in the right light and the right angle to see them. No chips. The chrome is slightly tarnished in some places but would probably clean up fine with the proper cleaner. The only slight issues are in the two end photos. Very small dimple in the neck (very hard to photo and cant feel it) and slight marks on the back upper right.

Still has the 'made in America' sticker on the front and all the gubbins, keys, rick manual, original receipt etc etc.

Blocked out serial but is obvious still there on the bass!

The case has done its job and protected the bass its generally pretty decent condition. The side straps that hold the top of the case when open have come away from the bottom and I tried to glue them back but didnt work. Moog sticker included on front.

Looking for £1100 and in no rush to sell.

May trade plus money my way for a Fender MIJ/CIJ/Highway One (the more cheaper end rather that fully blown USA) Precision (four string standard fretted/non fretless), no other trades really.

Cash only collection from Birmingham. Collection only or may deliver locally, but no courier. I occasionally go to Cheshire/Macclesfield/Congleton so collection from there wouldn't be an issue.

More Photos [url="http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n573/Danatthepub/Rick/"]http://s1140.photobu...natthepub/Rick/[/url]

Advertised elsewhere.

Edited by Danatthepub

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

makes me wish I had some dosh knocking about! looking to move away from bass, but I think a rickenbacker would make me change my mind haha.

selling a 4 string aerodyne precision on here at the moment, but I dont have the £500 to make up the difference :(

hope the sale goes well anyway buddy!

that's my view exactly!

yes, money makes the world go round - but I'm more concerned that I have a beautiful bass that's sat in my back room, making the drying washing look fancy!

I'd love to sell it to someone who will use it and appreciate it more than it's getting at the moment!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a good price, cheaper than some I've seen recently, and in great condition. Very few people have the cash at the moment.

I'd love a Ricky, but haven't got any spare cash, even though I do have an MIA Jazz that I might consider for PX one of these days

(Free bump anyway)

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1340713183' post='1708402']
It's a good price, cheaper than some I've seen recently, and in great condition. Very few people have the cash at the moment.

I'd love a Ricky, but haven't got any spare cash, even though I do have an MIA Jazz that I might consider for PX one of these days

(Free bump anyway)
[/quote]

Yeah thought as much, thanks.

As I said im in no rush so will keep it on here for as long as is needed.

[quote name='johnbiffa' timestamp='1341324744' post='1717032']
How about a deal with my mint (and I mean unmarked) USA PJ Hotrodded in sunburst with OHSC. Rosewood neck and cash from me? In W Mids on Thursday and Friday as well !
[/quote]

Sounds nice. How much are you looking for it etc, you can PM me if you want. I fear though it may be a little out of my range. Really im looking at downgrading as I dont play bass that much now a days, but still want something decent which is why im really after MIJ/CIJ/USA Highway One. Anyways, let me know if you can.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...