Why become a member? ×

No email notifications? Please check something?

Kiwi

For those of you who haven't been getting email notifications, could you please check whether your email provider/account is blocking basschat.admin(at)googlemail.com?

We're getting a whole heap of emails bounced back from a number of addresses in the admin inbox. I hadn't paid it much attention before because every time I checked they'd only come from one account (which had a load of notifications set up). But I've just discovered they're coming from more than one account.

• 2 weeks later...

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Some email addresses are being rejected due to a HELO error in POP emails being sent.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]If you are using Outlook Express (OE), Outlook, or Windows Mail, this error can sometimes be generated by leaving the "My server requires authentication" checkbox unchecked. You may need to try checking off this checkbox.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Use the below examples to find this checkbox:[/size][/font][/color]

[b]1. Outlook 2000[/b]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Go to Tools > Services (or Tools > Accounts, if Services is not listed). Select your Internet E-Mail Account and press “Properties.” Go to the “Servers” tab, and check “My server requires authentication” under Outgoing Mail Server. Press “Settings,” select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server,” then press “OK” three times to save the changes & return to Outlook. Finally, restart your computer.[/size][/font][/color]

[b]2. Outlook 2002 & 2003[/b]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Go to Tools > E-Mail Accounts. Select “View or change existing e-mail accounts” and press “Next.” Select your Intermedia.NET POP/SMTP account and press “Change.” Press “More Settings.” Go to the “Outgoing Server” tab, and check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.” Select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” and press “OK.” Press “Next,” then press “Finish” to confirm your changes and return to Outlook. Finally, restart your computer.[/size][/font][/color]

[b]3. Outlook Express[/b]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Go to Tools > Accounts. Select the “Mail” tab. Select your Intermedia.NET account and press “Properties.” Go to the “Servers” tab, and check “My server requires authentication” under Outgoing Mail Server. Press “Settings,” select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server,” then press “OK” twice times to save the changes, then press “Close” to return to Outlook Express. Finally, restart your computer.[/size][/font][/color]