Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB425 - Pics added

Telebass

Got this yesterday, online purchase from GAK after not being able to source one locally.

I was after a relatively inexpensive 5er, preferably with Fender on the headstock, but I had tried one of these a few months back, in Trgao Mills of all places, and was quite impressed.

Build quality is very good. Sounds are even better! Needs some flats, though, and a set of JF345s is on its way from Thomann (none in the UK anywhere..).

Trying it out properly at rehearsal tonight, will post some more, with pics, over the next day or two!

Den

EDIT: A basic pic to show what I'm on about:

[url="http://www.alangregory.co.uk/music/Yamaha_BB425VW_Vintage_White_Electric_Bass_Guitar.html"]http://www.alangrego...ass_Guitar.html[/url]

Edited by Telebass

Right, here goes:

First off, I have to say how impressed I am with the feel and playability, right out of the box.
Quality is pretty good, although there is a slight gap in the treble side of the neck pocket.
I had to do some nut work to accomodate the humongous B of a set of JF345 Jazz Flats, but that's hardly the fault of the bass! It was quite awkward getting the string mounted at the bridge end, too. However, it's not like they're going to need changing every 10 minutes...
Took it to a rehearsal (still with the original rounds on), and all were pleased with what it could do, so basically a big hit all round.
I nearly swapped my 51RI for a 424, I was so impressed, but the 51 stays, even if it only ever hangs on the wall. I may yet get a 424, however!
I also invested in a decent case, a Hiscox STD-EBS Liteflite
Here's some pics.
In the case:
[attachment=96651:DSC00017.JPG]

That HUGE B string
[attachment=96652:DSC00018.JPG]

Neck pocket gap
[attachment=96653:DSC00019.JPG]

Final verdict? Love it!

Den

• 2 weeks later...