Why become a member? ×

Danelectro 'Chili Dog' Octave pedal *** SOLD ***

mcnach

Simple but nice sounding pedal. Slightly marked but in good working and cosmetic condition.

Controls: Oct1, Oct2 and Direct.

It comes with a removeable Danelectro "knob protector" to protect the knobs from being changed/kicked whilst using the pedal.

£20 delivered

Edited by mcnach

I'd say the character of the pedal is similar to the Boss OC2. Not an exact copy, but along the same lines. Even the controls are the same. The tracking fails on the lower notes earlier than it does on an OC2, 'though.
If you want to bring a lower octave while playing a G on your E string... it will be a bit erratic, and it will not sustain cleanly. Neither does the OC2, for that matter, although it "wobbles" less.
For this, and the OC2, you'd better play on higher registers, where it tracks well, and let the effect fill the lower octave.

I never tried the EBS, so I can't compare it. I own an MXR Bass Octave Deluxe. The MXR is the cleanest octave pedal I have tried (but haven't tried the EBS). It sounds like your bass more than other pedals. It tracks better than any octave I have tried, and it sustains better too, without wobbling, lower than other pedals. Although again, it works best when you stay away from the lower notes. The MXR is quite clean. The OC2 is not, and the Danelectro is not. They don't distort or anything, but they sound more like an "octave effect" than your bass (or guitar) doubled an octave down, if you see what I mean.

I hope this helps.