Why become a member? ×

Loudness Vs. Size. (212, 2x 112 or 1x 112?)

jackers

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' timestamp='1325766074' post='1487224']
Schroeder 2X12- very light- quite transparent with a bit of a mid bump ( which I EQ out to be a little more natural sounding- then EQ back in for a gig. cannot imagine how anyone would need anything louder- you would destroy your hearing first.

If you are walking just use one of those potable trolleys from B and Q.
[/quote]

which shroeder model is that?

My pair of Berg 112 cabs are loud enough to cope unstressed against our insanely loud drummer - and one cab does just fine for the (very occassional) rehearsals - and very easy to transport as well. I would always go the 2 x 112 route since I got my first pair of EA 112 cabs

just to continue the BF Midget debacle - normally I use a BF midget and BF compact together, I recently did a gig in a large pub and forgot to plug in my BF Compact (getting old) and hence was using just the Midget, I remember thinking the bass was a bit lighter than normal so I just added a bit more from EQ on the amp but otherwise the sound and level was fine. I was pretty amazed by what the Midget can handle, if you have enough power to run into it it will certainly be fine for medium gigs and rehearsals unless your band is stupidly loud. The Compact is a good cab too of course but the Midget has the 'I can't believe it' factor and is very portable.