Why become a member? ×

Anyone know anything about Lindo Basses and amplifying them?

norvegicusbass

I have a cheap Lindo semi accoustic bass and for the first time want to hear it amplified albeit through my PC. I have just bought a USB guitar Iink and connected it to the pc and my bass but nothing came out of the pc speakers. I have put in a fresh battery to operate the active pick-ups on my bass and a red light briefly flashed but then went out. I would have thought the red light would be on all the time the guitar was switched on but its not showing at all. Any ideas?

Right scratch part of the above post because with the use of my sons keen eyes to read the small writing beside the light I have managed to ascertain that the red light comes on only when the battery is low. But why cant I get the sound to come out of the PC speakers? I have asked my son but he is only seven and he said he doesn't know

Edited by norvegicusbass

First thing to do is to find out whether it's the guitar or the USB/PC configuration.
If you don't have an amp to try the guitar out then you need to eliminate the USB\PC part.

Do you have a way of feeding an alternative signal into the USB adaptor (an MP3 player or something like that)?
Alternatively, if you unplug the guitar and tap your finger on the tip part of the 1/4" jack plug you should hear a noise coming out of your PC speakers.