Why become a member? ×

Nearly Dan 15th Anniversary

Pete Academy

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1324936824' post='1478654']
Good going pete.... Has the line up changed much over that time?
[/quote]

Bass, keyboards, lead guitar and lead vocals have never been depped. Over the years we have (as I can recall) used 8 drummers, 8 backing vocals, and at least 30 brass players. The line-up is pretty stable now. We have 2 regular drummers, who share the gigs. We've been fortunate to have some great brass and woodwind players, including the guy that now plays with Level 42, and James Knight, a great London-based session player.

We thought the band might last a few years, but never envisaged 15. All credit to our keyboard player, who runs the band.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Pete Academy' timestamp='1325009357' post='1479088']
Bass, keyboards, lead guitar and lead vocals have never been depped. Over the years we have (as I can recall) used 8 drummers, 8 backing vocals, and at least 30 brass players. The line-up is pretty stable now. We have 2 regular drummers, who share the gigs. We've been fortunate to have some great brass and woodwind players, including the guy that now plays with Level 42, and James Knight, a great London-based session player.

We thought the band might last a few years, but never envisaged 15. All credit to our keyboard player, who runs the band.
[/quote]

Have you ever had Rob Townsend play for you? He was a close friend of my dad. And an awesome sax player!

Dan