Why become a member? ×

I have a Rosseti Stradivarius Bass that I need to sell

attackbass

I have the Rosseti bass mentioned in the topic title - I was wondering if it would have any value at all or any use to a beginner?

The Bridge on it has warped and the Estring has snapped. The other strings are ok, I think they are Spirocores if I can remember correctly.

Is this bass worth selling and for how much or should I just chop it up and burn on the bonfire?

Google comes up with that being a Chinese bass with an Italian name. It should have some kind of value, depends on the shape e.g. open seams, cracks etc...

Can you find a luthier in your area to have a look at it?

Edited by TPJ

I had a look through the F-hole and it is made in Czechoslovakia, can't remember the name of the factory - began with L... This was the bass from my school that they gave me when I left about 10 years ago. Think it was prob bought when the school opened in the 70s.

I'll have to get some pics taken. I don't think it has any open seems or cracks just usual wear and tear of beeing put in a car and obvious being standing in store room for years!

I just bought a thomann bass so need to shift this. I'm also considering selling a mint condition NS Design Wav electric upright tho I'm not hundred percent on this cos I know with my luck as soon as I sell some one will offer me a gig and ask for me to play it.

If it was built in [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Czechoslovakia then it could well be a decent bass. The eastern European basses have quite a good rep. NS Design build most of their basses in the Czech Republic. I'd go with the idea of having a luthier look at it.[/font][/color]

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1324396940' post='1473825']
If it was built in [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Czechoslovakia then it could well be a decent bass. The eastern European basses have quite a good rep. NS Design build most of their basses in the Czech Republic. I'd go with the idea of having a luthier look at it.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

+1

[quote name='attackbass' timestamp='1324388976' post='1473714']
I have the Rosseti bass mentioned in the topic title - I was wondering if it would have any value at all or any use to a beginner?
The Bridge on it has warped and the Estring has snapped. The other strings are ok, I think they are Spirocores if I can remember correctly.
Is this bass worth selling and for how much or should I just chop it up and burn on the bonfire?
[/quote]

If the bass is sound, it is well worth having a new bridge fitted and the snapped string replaced. Those old eastern European ply student basses are a world apart from what comes out of China these days. Don't chop it up! If you want to shift it as it is, feel free to PM me with a price as we're not too far apart...

ficelles