Why become a member? ×

my old wishbass

paul h

my old wishbass is on ebay!!

190120757179 or [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-String-Fretless-Bass-Guitar-Wishbass-Beautiful_W0QQitemZ190120757179QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-String-Fretless-Ba...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

played brilliantly, but 6 string fretless proved a little (lot) too much for me.

i gather it's been passed around a fair bit since i sold it.....and it looks like the finish has improved somewhat.

i reckon it's the best wishbass bodyshape by far....because i designed it!

paul.

• 2 weeks later...

no stockist in the UK or anywhere i believe. they all come from the wishbass factory.

i reckon his new price is ok now it's been relisted. i think that's pretty much what i paid for it but it sounds like he has done some work to improve the finish since then. you might very well be able to get a new one made for around that or not much more. unless of course his prices have gone up since.

the big advantage with that particular one is the brilliant body design (by yours truly). a lot of wishbass designs are a little funky. funky in a bad way.

but they are a love 'em or hate 'em bass.

if i wasn't so lazy, or the thing was fretted i might have kept it. saying that, everything gets sold eventually"

paul.

[quote name='Steve Rickwood' post='22119' date='Jun 22 2007, 08:37 PM']Haha! Thank you for feedback. Design is cool btw.
I'm gona pester the guy/girl to put strings on it - would be concerned if neck was twisted or warped.

Cheers.[/quote]

Wish doesn't use trussrods, so if there are any issues with neck its time to get the woodworking tools out.

Personally I wouldn't touch it with a sh*tty stick (or another wishbass) - He sent one to Bass Player for review which was very below par. The reviewer seemed to be struggling to find something good to say about it - like it being a piece of folk art.

no truss road...but the necks are as thick as my leg.

he works on the basis that the construction is solid enough to prevent the usual movement you get with regular necks. he also claims that the neck shape actually reduces fatigue in the fretting hand.

i didn't have it long enough to be able to confirm or deny this one way or the other.

i have to say it was on a par with most basses i have owned. build quality was "rustic" but had plenty of fretless growl and sounded very warm and woody. it was a different kind of beast without doubt.

the worst part of course is the massive headstock.