Why become a member? ×

Fishman Fission Bass Powerchord Octave Pedal - SOLD

Geester

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Geester' timestamp='1322942549' post='1457645']
A great pedal, just don't have room for it on my pedalboard. It's fantastic for playing 'automatic' chords and Doug Wimbish style guitar-like solos. It's in 'as new' condition, still in it's original box. Here's a stock picture and the blurb...looking for £150 (they are £250ish in the shops), make an offer - you never know.......

[attachment=94392:Fishman fission.jpg]

The Fishman Fission Bass Powerchord Guitar Effects Pedal will give that added colour to your bass lines. The Fission Bass Powerchord FX Pedal uses an intuitive set of controls and footswitches to add stacked harmonies and combinations of octaves, producing combinations of 4th and 5th above the root note powerchords as well as octave above effects. The Fission Bass Powerchord has four footswitch LEDs that will give you visible indication of the selected harmony. When the effect is off, the LEDs dim making it easy to set up a harmony before you kick on the chord. It's also a multi-effect pedal with up to 3 voices of harmony, adjustable noise gate, overdrive, tone and effect level. This power-effect combo gives you creative control over anything from subtle octaves to thick, grinding effects that even your guitar player will envy. The Fission Bass Powerchord is housed in a lightweight and sturdy metal box, Fission Bass uses state-of-the-art 32-bit signal processing and 24-bit audio conversion. Its monophonic input Chord Harmoniser / Octaver Plus Multi-Effects For Bass Players
[/quote]

Hi, just trying to get my head around the multi effects bit? Is the distortion just available on the dry signal if required?

Hi - Not a problem, it's actually quite straightforward to to use.The distortion is on the effected signal and can be adjusted from clean to full-on fuzz type distortion. The dry signal remains unaffected, the ratio between dry and effected signal can be blended so it sounds like a bass with a guitar a 3rd/4th/5th/Octave above, just like a chord.

The pedal is great for 'power trio' situations when the guitar is soloing and the bass may sound a bit 'thin' on it's own. It also makes for awesome bass solos, which is what I used it for plus It meant I could dual/harmonise with the guitar for Thin Lizzy type guitar lines.

Hope that explains.....

Cheers

Mike G.