Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Gretsch Corvette guitar £400 delivered UK. Will ship to Europe

For sale - Gretsch Corvette.

I posted this already, but I can't find it anywhere, so thought I'd start again.

The guitar is a few years old, but been in my collection for two years. I have 12 Gretschs, and four Corvettes (I love 'em). I'm only selling this one because it's only had about 10 hours of use in the last six months, and that's not fair - it needs to be played, it need to be loved.

If you don't know much about them, think Gretsch meets SG. They have a nice fast neck, very light, thin bodies. The pickups are Gretsch Megatrons - which are Gretsch built vintage style Ceramic magnet Filtertrons. The pickups are hot Filtertrons, similar to a TV Jones Powertron, but not so Gibson HBsh. It's 100% got the Gretsch tone. It's do Malcome Young tones all day, and you can get a convining Setzer tone out of it too.

The thin body gives it a nice shap attack, and bite - a great guitar. The case is a Gator hard case (rectabgular like a Fender case). The guitar is immaculate, except for a tiny buckly mark on the rear, very hard to spot, and about the same size as a comma (se eyour keyboard for details). It's very hard to photograph.

Please forgive the poor photos, I took them in my garage - it's got poor lighting.

Also, will consider a swap for a Fender Mustang Bass.

Cheers for looking

The Marlin

[quote name='The Marlin' timestamp='1322832849' post='1456397']
... The pickups are Gretsch Megatrons - which are Gretsch built vintage style Ceramic magnet Filtertrons. The pickups are hot Filtertrons, similar to a TV Jones Powertron, but not so Gibson HBsh ...
[/quote]
Can you clarify what pickups they are? Do you simply mean they are Magnatrons? [url="http://www.tvjones.com/pickups/pickups.html"]http://www.tvjones.com/pickups/pickups.html[/url]

How old is the guitar?

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='The Marlin' timestamp='1322832849' post='1456397']
I posted this already, but I can't find it anywhere, so thought I'd start again.
[/quote]
Here you go: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/161113-for-sale-gretsch-corvette-mint-in-gator-case/page__p__1449503__hl__gretsch%20corvette__fromsearch__1#entry1449503"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/161113-for-sale-gretsch-corvette-mint-in-gator-case/page__p__1449503__hl__gretsch%20corvette__fromsearch__1#entry1449503[/url]

Hi all,

The guitar is approx 3-4 years old.

It has Gretsch Megatron pickups (made by Gretsch, not by TV Jones - and notling like the Magnatron - closest TV Jones equivalent is the Powertron) They're very highly regarded pickups. This is the only Gretsch model with these pickups. They are a classic Gretsch Filtertron design, with a ceramic magnet, based upon the 60's-70's verson of the Gretsch Filtertron pickup, just wound slightly hotter. Not hot like a modern metal guitar, but hot in terms of vintage Filtertrons (similar output to a Gibson humbucker), but different tone.

The tone they provide is classic Gretsch. It's a great all-round guitar. Great for nice jangly Gretsch cleans, loves OD or and distortion - has a nice snap and bite in it's tone. Think SG meets Gretsch.

The only reason i'm selling this, is I have three other Corvettes, and another five other Gretschs to boot. I'm a bit of a Gretsch nut.

It's a great guitar, lovely neck, fab pickups, fab tone - lovely Bigsby B50 - decent case. A bargain :)

I live in High Wycombe, and work in Brighton, and visit the midlands on a regular basis - so happy to meet/drop off along that route.

Cheers all

The Marlin

[quote name='The Marlin' timestamp='1322929702' post='1457446']
Hi all,

The guitar is approx 3-4 years old.

It has Gretsch Megatron pickups (made by Gretsch, not by TV Jones - and notling like the Magnatron - closest TV Jones equivalent is the Powertron) They're very highly regarded pickups. This is the only Gretsch model with these pickups. They are a classic Gretsch Filtertron design, with a ceramic magnet, based upon the 60's-70's verson of the Gretsch Filtertron pickup, just wound slightly hotter. Not hot like a modern metal guitar, but hot in terms of vintage Filtertrons (similar output to a Gibson humbucker), but different tone.

The tone they provide is classic Gretsch. It's a great all-round guitar. Great for nice jangly Gretsch cleans, loves OD or and distortion - has a nice snap and bite in it's tone. Think SG meets Gretsch.

The only reason i'm selling this, is I have three other Corvettes, and another five other Gretschs to boot. I'm a bit of a Gretsch nut.

It's a great guitar, lovely neck, fab pickups, fab tone - lovely Bigsby B50 - decent case. A bargain :)

I live in High Wycombe, and work in Brighton, and visit the midlands on a regular basis - so happy to meet/drop off along that route.

Cheers all

The Marlin
[/quote]
Ok, my misunderstanding, that makes sense now.

My son might be interested, I'll get back to you.