Why become a member? ×

FS feeler Ibanez Gary Willis GWB1 TKF

KuzBass

For sale - Ibanez GWB1 TKF (please note: this is not GWB35, GW105 or GWB1005) 5 string fretless lined bass made in Japan in 2001, then sold in sunny California in 2002, purchased by me 2 years ago.

The finish is kind of dark brown, up to one's taste of course, but I like it. The ramp is not on screws, it is attached by the two side tape.

SPECS:
-Light weight Ash body
-3 piece maple bolt-on neck
-34" scale
-Lined ebony fingerboard
-Custom Bartolini humbucker (radiused to match the curvature of the fingerboard
-Bartolini NTBT preamp (volume with push/pull for active/passive and one stacked pot with bass/treble boost/cut
-String spacing on the bridge - 16,5 mm

As this bass came in with few dings and was few times on the road with me, it has a good dozen of dings and marks, mostly small ones, but 3 or 4 of them are serious. They do not affect the playability of course. PM me for detailed pics.

The bass had no HSC, so the price includes just the gig bag. But I will pack it carefully before shipping to try to avoid any damage. I may also try to get some cheap HSC, just saw one used from Stagg sold locally, but this will be for extra money.

I sell it because I do not play anymore in the acoustic/folk band I bought it for, and the bass does not get played (I am more a fretted bass guy). The bass in my opinion sounds great, very comfortable and light, everything functions well.

Not very much interested in trades as I keep an eye on one bass here on BC, but (although very much unlikely) may cosider the trade for a fretted 4 string bass with adding some cash (not really much). Try me if interested.

Price: EUR 700 + shipping from Riga (Latvia, EU).

If any questions or you need more pics, feel free to PM me.