Why become a member? ×

Probably A Stoopid Idea, But.....

Hot Tub

Greetings one and all! Haven't been around for a while, but still chatting with some folks from here on that Facebook.

Anyhoo, I've recently noticed that I'm able to play quite a lot of covers, damn near note-perfect. In fact, if I was to play them all one after the other with no breaks (other than the breaks between tracks, obviously), it would be just over 12 hrs of music. So, I've been thinking, could I raise some dosh for a good cause by getting sponsorship to do something like this? A sponsored 12hr bass play-along. Venue isn't a problem, and publicity would be fairly easy.....

Daft idea? What do you think....?

:)

Well, I do a bit for Help For Heroes, both personally and with the band (we've done a couple of "freebies" & there's a bigger project on the go at the moment), so I was thinking it'd be a bit of a giggle. I may try to sort something out next year.... watch this space!

:)

[quote name='Hot Tub' timestamp='1322597857' post='1453399']
Greetings one and all! Haven't been around for a while, but still chatting with some folks from here on that Facebook.

Anyhoo, I've recently noticed that I'm able to play quite a lot of covers, damn near note-perfect. In fact, if I was to play them all one after the other with no breaks (other than the breaks between tracks, obviously), it would be just over 12 hrs of music. So, I've been thinking, could I raise some dosh for a good cause by getting sponsorship to do something like this? A sponsored 12hr bass play-along. Venue isn't a problem, and publicity would be fairly easy.....
[/quote]

I think you could probably get quite a respectable amount of money in sponorsorship...

Don't worry about the venue though. It's VERY unlikely that 12 hours of bass soloing would get a crowd lol.