Why become a member? ×

Bits and bobs, small combo and 210 Cab

GreeneKing

I'm having a general sort out and up for grabs is my new BBT210S Yamaha cab, it's a 4 ohm cab rated at 250W RMS. This cab is new and failing digging it out from the back of my very 'busy' box room they look like this:

[url="http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/regular/0/6/8/232068.jpg"]http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics.../6/8/232068.jpg[/url]

It's a well made 2x 10" with a horn complete with a pad to adjust it.

I'm looking for £200 ideally collected but I'm prepared to travel a reasonable distance/meet up.

Also up for sale is a mint Laney R1 combo, specs as:

Power RMS 65 Watts
Inputs 2: Normal & High
Equalisation Bass, Parametric Mid, Treble
FX Loop(s) Yes
Impedance Minimum 4 ohms
Drivers 10" Celestion + Switchable Horn
Cabinet Design Plywood cabinet construction. Dual Position "Kickback" Cabinet design. Rugged construction with metal corners, rubber feet, strap handle & kick proof metal grill
Headphone Socket Yes
Enhance Yes
Compressor Switchable with "On" status light
Limiter Fixed Internal
DI Socket Yes: Pre EQ XLR
Tuner Output Socket Yes
Kick Proof Metal Grill Yes
Weight 22kg
Dimensions (mm) 381 x 335 x 393

I'm looking for £100 for this essentially new mini combo. Can post for reasonable amount.

Peter

I'm after a PAIR of BBT210 cabs, I'd love em, they are the perfect match to my Yamaha BBT500H which I've just brought. Trouble is that I've been offered an SWR 2x10 4 ohm for £150!!!!!! and there are plenty of 4ohm Peavey 2x10s around for under £100 (2 currently on ebay) so £200 is a lot to pay for one cab when I can get a pair of Peaveys for less than that -

£120 is pretty good though, If Backwaters don't go on ebay I'd happily buy one from each of you for £120 - I do need pair...I know they cost a load more than that and I don't mean to offend Im just a buyer with limited cash available to spend. AND live in the Midlands so quite a distance to travel.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='170604' date='Apr 6 2008, 10:55 AM']I think it may be the old 'Yamaha stigma' syndrome.

:)

Silly money, £120 collected[/quote]

Cool rig - i really fancy building 2 4 ohm Omni 10.5s, I just dont think I've got the time due to too many other things I need to get done. I do still have my behringer combo so I guess there is no rush to get the cabs, you know what it's like, new amp turns up and I wanna use it.

What cabs did you use with the BBT?? do i really need to get down to 2ohms (500w) for pub/club gigs?? or is 4ohm (250watts) enough??

Cheers
Nugget

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='171062' date='Apr 6 2008, 11:16 PM']I still have a BBT500H as a spare:)

I now have an Omni 10 and a LMII as my main rig.

Peter[/quote]