Why become a member? ×

New to da bass!!!!!!!!!!!

mudmover

Hello Guys and garls, just a quick intro to say hi....

I live near Chepstow ( between Bristol/ Cardiff) and have played drums for nearly 20yrs ( but not since moving out London 8 yrs ago). I have a lovely DW kit that I will never part with - it just inspires playing!! When living in London I did all the usual venues mainly in NL and played in some real good bands and was lucky enough to spend time in real class studios.

Anyway time has moved on and kids are now in tow and space is limited....Ive always had a desire to learn bass and so the plunge has been taken.....I picked up a 1996 left handed Fender Jazz (MIM) and an Ashdown EB180 for a fantastic deal...I'm not even sure if a lefty was the right move but as I have zero ability I had to take the plunge as even with encouragement to try in shop, I really was left clueless.

The last 24hrs have been spent playing with the knobs .....firstly I'm suprised by variation in sounds....Guitar and amp seem to be real tidy although I will get them checked over...

So where do we go???? Well drawing on previous experience lessons are a must to execute the basics properly hence I'm looking for a tutor in the chepstow area...can anyone help/ recommend?

I'm also looking for a good DVD to learn from...again recommendations would be very much appreciated!!

This forum looks like a real friendly site which is quite refreshing....I look forward to posting lots and meeting you all..

Virtual beers on me!!!!!!!!!!

Max

Edited by mudmover