Why become a member? ×

What strings are these???

ovialexm1

Hello there!

I really like the strings I have on my fender '73 and I don't know what name and model they are. I really don't know how I get them some time ago ...
Here are some pictures with my bass and strings. If anybody can help me and recognize the strings from pictures I will be very happy.
First I was thinking they are rotosound strings but looks they are not because rotosound strings have less red in the end and differit shape where the strings are attached to the keys. Also Rotosound has on both ends red. Here is a link and pictures with my bass:

[url="http://www.rotosound.com/swing_66.php"]http://www.rotosound.com/swing_66.php[/url]

Thanks!

Edited by ovialexm1

[quote name='ovialexm1' timestamp='1321955761' post='1444705']
I read on internet in some post: Red silks on top with no silk at the bottom = GHS Boomers
What so you think?

Yes the are sort of "scratchy" ...
[/quote]

they certainly are scratchy but my boomers have red silks at the tip and ball end of the string.

edit: i have an old set of boomers if you want them to test out before you pull the trigger on a new set of strings you may not want!

Edited by chrisd24

[quote name='chrisd24' timestamp='1321958340' post='1444740']
they certainly are scratchy but my boomers have red silks at the tip and ball end of the string.

edit: i have an old set of boomers if you want them to test out before you pull the trigger on a new set of strings you may not want!
[/quote]

Thanks chrisd24 I would like try them but I am in Romania. how much cost shipping from you?

Hi Ovialexm, its difficult to tell from the picture but....

There are only a few companies who actually manufacture strings (spoiler alert. e.g. Elites are actually just GHS boomers with a high price tag) the different companies usually have a different combination of silks for identification. So chances are there will be quite a few makes that are similar to the ones you have.

Originally Posted by [b]John Hall, Rickenbacker CEO, 8/29/1998[/b]
"There are actually only a very few string factories producing guitar strings in this country, and all the rest of the brands . . . including some of the really well known brands . . . are done as private label production."

Thats not to say that different brands aren't made to different specification though.

Your best bet would be to go to your local music shop and compare what you have to the models on display, try them out and find something similar to what you have. Usually new basses will be fitted with the manufacturers own (e.g. Fenders have Fender strings) or the shop should know what they have put on there...

Apparently D'Addario makes strings for more people than anyone else so might be a good place to start. But if you just want a really good set of strings DR are far and away the best I've ever tried, they last 3x longer than any others they also sound and play fantastic - just my opinion, others may differ! :)