Why become a member? ×

bass issues...maybe

LukeJackson

hey guys, So basically i've got some problems with my bass which i don't know what's causing it. I play a 5 string ESP LTD F-105 active EQ and rotosound strings running through a Ashdown ABM500RC and have a sans amp running through the effects loop, my settings on the amp are basically flat with a few minor tweaks and the sans amp is; (going to do this a o'clock) Level: 9 o clock, blend is full, treble: 1 o'clock, bass: full, drive: 11 o'clock, presence: Full.
My issue is im getting a lot of what i can only describe as a popping tone from my A, D and G string and my B and E are nice a bassy with a little bit of twang so how do i get rid of the popping sound?
Thanks in advanced

Edited by LukeJackson

I'm not to familar with the sansamp which I'm guessing is the bass driver.
As far as I know presence knobs usually boost some high frequency but have a very small Q(bell shape) (I think)

Personally you I wouldn't use the bass on full and presence on full (this is what's sucking the juice out of those high end notes,)

Start with the presence on 0 and bass and treble on "flat" I,e 12 o'clock.
Use the blend to put in mids as desired. If ypu still feel you need more bass turn down the treble.

What sound are you after? Examples?

I'm not to familar with the sansamp which I'm guessing is the bass driver.
As far as I know presence knobs usually boost some high frequency but have a very small Q(bell shape) (I think)

Personally you I wouldn't use the bass on full and presence on full (this is what's sucking the juice out of those high end notes,)

Start with the presence on 0 and bass and treble on "flat" I,e 12 o'clock.
Use the blend to put in mids as desired. If ypu still feel you need more bass turn down the treble.

What sound are you after? Examples?