Why become a member? ×

marcus, thumb, status

dabootsy

[quote name='pnefc42' post='16652' date='Jun 13 2007, 07:36 AM']That status is beautiful!!!!!

Cheers
Dave[/quote]

unfortunately it is damaged due to the keyboard player in a band i was in insisting that he roaded for me on a pa set up by our manager and a shoddy cheap guitar strap
It plays beautifully but the damage is only cosmetic
if i get chance i will post another photo of the damage

Cheers for looking

Glenn

[quote name='krazy_olie' post='16735' date='Jun 13 2007, 11:05 AM']They all look lovely. I'm digging the Jaguar shaped bass[/quote]
the jaguar shaped bass is a Wesley and i got it off ebay brand new for £55
it has the most powerful passive pickups i have ever heard and plays like a dream
tehy are on ebay all the time

cheers Glenn

Really like that Warwick Thumb NT4!

Trying to build a strong justification (in the domestic harmony context, if you get my drift!) for the purchase of an NT4 fretless to replace my Stagg BC300. Not an easy task, seeing as there are already a total of 6 guitars (though only 3 of them basses) in our household right now!

[quote name='Krysbass' post='16818' date='Jun 13 2007, 12:44 PM']Really like that Warwick Thumb NT4!

Trying to build a strong justification (in the domestic harmony context, if you get my drift!) for the purchase of an NT4 fretless to replace my Stagg BC300. Not an easy task, seeing as there are already a total of 6 guitars (though only 3 of them basses) in our household right now![/quote]
i have been after a thumb for about 10 years and got this for £1799, before you buy one check out the weight of them they are monsters if you have a long set so a large strap is a must

glenn

[quote name='dabootsy' post='16827' date='Jun 13 2007, 01:05 PM']i have been after a thumb for about 10 years and got this for £1799, before you buy one check out the weight of them they are monsters if you have a long set so a large strap is a must

glenn[/quote]

Thanks for the warning. I'm fairly used to heavyweight basses, as my Westone's built like the proverbial brick convenience.

Ever since I tried a Thumb fretless out, I'm so hooked I'd probably take up weight-training if that's what it took to have one!