Why become a member? ×

Powertran Transcendent 2000 Monosynth 1970s UK Made

Ok here is a bit of an oddity its a boxed Transcendent 2000 synth which was designed by EMS and sold mainly in kit form in the late 70s. This unit comes in original box with filtersweep pedal. This synth was used by many UK acts including Joy Division - there is actually a picture of Bernard Sumner and Martin Hannett using one in the studio - in the 70s. This one is in excellent cosmetic condition although it has lost many of the silver caps on the knobs and two knobs are missing (easy to buy new ones from Maplin of course!!!). Performance wise its a bit quirky - the original owner had it stored in the proverbial Uncle's loft until I liberated it, I bought it from evilbay for a studio project now completed - all knobs work and effect the sound and all keys trigger although the filter section is a bit iffy as it cuts out at times, it needs a proper service to get the best from it. That said it can produce some truly evil sub frequencies and ridiculous Hawkwind-like pink noise sweeps. You can get some great lead sounds on it too. Inside everything is clean and it has been neatly put together. There are schematics online and loads of mod options for those adept with a soldering iron. The case looks brand new to me it obviously has had little serious use and I guess with a bit of switchcleaner and TLC you could get a classic synth on the cheap. Looking for 245 for it.
I have better quality pics and also pics of its innards if required. :)