Why become a member? ×

Hartke 3500 - 350W - slightly bust...

Gust0o

Icastle might, hopefully, be able to help me describe my issue here - but...

After a blinding rehearsal, whilst still in the throes of happiness over having nailed some of the best riffs that my hands have ever produced, I packed my car with my gear.

Only, in my gaiety, I had failed to secure my Hartke 3500 properly. Upon unloading, it was apparent that I had sheared my volume control off, thanks to the sports handling of my Mini Cooper S.

I ordered a replacement part from Hartke, and was delighted to receive what appeared to be a volume pot. Upon fitting, it was apparent that this was not quite the right one (being 100 "doobies" when a 10 "doobie" part was required)**.

Ian kindly helped me fit it - however, the volume control doesn't work as advertised. Rather it prodcues louder or quieter static and whilstles; the pre-amp then acting more like the volume, allowing a playable tone to be produced.

There are some other issues - the case has some wear; some of the plastic sliders from the EQ are missing (x2) and the compression knob has come loose from the pot.

Beyond those, everything else works - and, with some knowledge of these matters, this whole thing could be put back to rights quite quickly I would imagine.

However, honest admission time: I haven't got a clue; and nor do I have the inclination.

Was considering letting go, but would like opinions on an honest price, £50 too high, too low?

------

[b]** I don't know the relevant technical term here. Long and short is it wanted one, but Hartke looked at the schematic and sent me the other.[/b]

The relevant technical term is 'oops' :)

All that amp needs is the right value pot fitted and it should be fine.
It has got a 100K pot fitted instead of the 10K one that we took out, but that was all we had to hand - so it was either that or nothing! :)

Missing plastic sliders from the EQ are a doddle to slide back on (it'll take longer to open the envelope than it will to fit them!) and I'm sure Korg (UK) will have them as a spare part.

The compressor knob is loose because those amps use a split shaft pot and it's got bent - you could either take a gamble and try shoving a screwdriver into the gap and reopening the shaft or put a little blob of evostick in the knob to stop it from falling off.

All in all they're a great little amp and this one just needs a few minor things done to it to get it back into fully working condition.