Why become a member? ×

Two guitar amps for sale

[font=inherit][size=3]First, a VHT Special 6. [b][u] NOW SOLD. [/u][/b]Roland Cube 30 also[u][b] SOLD[/b][/u].[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]I bought this all valve amp only a few months ago and totally love the sound. Don't be fooled by the 6 watt rating. (It's switchable to 3 watts) This is a loud amp.[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]New last year - 2010 model. Totally unmarked condition.[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]I'm only selling due to buying a Blackstar HT5 combo yesterday in a moment of weakness.[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3](After playing the VHT and the HT5 today, the clean tones and slightly cranked tones from the the VHT are better than the HT5 to my ears. The HT5 does a highly overdriven sound better at lower volumes though and that suits me as a bedroom player who only ever gigs on bass. This VHT is a marvel at any price. Stick a mike in front of it and it'll be a great gigging amp too.)[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]The amp will come with the footswitch, (still in box) manual and in the original box for shipping. You would think that this is a new amp. It's 100% perfect and a joy to play through.[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]These are £129.99 new in Dawsons. I'm asking £100 or make me an offer. Shipping would be at your cost but I can arrange it.[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]I have never read anything but praise for these amps on the net.[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]From the VHT website:[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]Boutique amp players will love the Special 6’s combination of handwired tube goodness, unique features and unparalleled value. The mod-friendly Special 6 is easy to customize for home amp builders and tube amp enthusiasts.[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]The Special 6 gets its powerful tube sound from one 12AX7 preamp tube and one 6V6 output tube. It boasts a footswitchable Gain Boost feature that significantly expands its range of tones -- it's the only amp in its class that excels at both clean and overdriven tones, and it's the only amp in its class to offer a footswitchable boost. With the Gain Boost, players can instantly toggle between clean rhythm tones and overdriven leads, essentially duplicating the footswitchable functions of a 2-channel amp in an all-tube, handwired, simple, 2-knob package.[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]To further expand its range of tones, the Special 6 also features a High/Low power switch that enhances low-volume tones with extra-smooth richness (when in half-power mode). It's a great feature for recording, or for low-volume "bedroom" players. In high-power mode, it's one of the few amps in its class that is loud enough to compete with a strong drummer. The Special 6 combo is outfitted with a special high sensitivity 10" VHT Special Design speaker.[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]6 Watts[/size][/font]
[font=inherit][size=3]One 6V6 Output Tube[/size][/font]
[font=inherit][size=3]One 12AX7 Preamp Tube[/size][/font]
[font=inherit][size=3]Volume and Tone Controls[/size][/font]
[font=inherit][size=3]Footswitchable Boost Mode[/size][/font]
[font=inherit][size=3]High/Low Power Switch[/size][/font]
[font=inherit][size=3]10” VHT High-Sensitivity Speaker[/size][/font]
[font=inherit][size=3]4, 8, and 16 Ohm Speaker Jacks[/size][/font]
[font=inherit][size=3]Mod-Friendly Eyelet-Type Board[/size][/font]
[font=inherit][size=3]Handwired[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]Next, a Roland Cube 30.[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]These are very useful little amps for everything from home practice to rehearsals and gigs. Lightweight, compact and portable. Loud as well. The amp modelled sounds are very convincing and all usable in a gigging situation.[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]I've had this one for a few years but it hasn't been used a lot and so is in very good condition.[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3]Great all-round amp. I'm asking £99 for it or make me an offer.[/size][/font]

Edited by machinehead