Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fender Jazz - mid-80s MIJ

RussFM

I bought this bass a couple of years ago with the intention of getting it set up, including fret work, but unfortunately I need to sell of one of my instruments and this is the one to go.

E serial (so 1984-1987) Made In Japan Fender Jazz. Has EMG Select pickups and tort scratchplate, everything else original. It's quite light, compared to my other Jazz.

I don't know the history of the instrument, but it's got more than a few battle scars, so has done some serious gigging. When I got it there was some green felt on the back, which I took off to find some buckle rash, and flaking paint, so I put the tape on to stop it getting any worse. It's probably been dropped at some point, as there's been a small crack at the headstock which has been repaired, and a crack in the body at the neck join. Plenty of dents and cracks in the paint, this bass has done some miles, but the only thing that affects playabilty is the fret work - a few a quite worn, so it does need some work before any studio work, but I've played it live a few times as my backup bass and it's been fine. Hopefully the attached pics show the condition of the bass well.

All said, it's a great bass, and I just wish I had the time and money to fix it up.

£275, and I'll throw in a Fender Deluxe gig bag. Prefer not to post it without a hard case, so the buyer can collect either from Wolverhampton at weekends, or I'm in Luton during the week for work.