Why become a member? ×

Fender Jaguar Bass CIJ Black 2005/6 For Sale

hollowsbass

Advert updated and new photos attached. I have not used a flash on some of these as i found it was not giving the true colour of the scratch-plate which has a nice aged cream colour.

My lovely Fender Deluxe Jaguar Bass is for sale. It’s an Active/Passive Bass in Black with an aged 3 ply vintage white/black/white scratch-plate. It’s an incredibly versatile instrument and although outwardly it shares a lot in common with the Fender Jazz Bass it’s a completely different instrument with its own sounds. I’ve read them being described as a “Jazz Bass on Steroids” or a “Jazz Turbo”. You can go from a creamy Vintage Jazz tone to a thick but defined modern active sound at the flick of a switch. I still have the original switch diagram too.

It’s in excellent condition and is one of the sought after “Crafted In Japan” models with an Alder body. It was made at the Fender Fujigen factory in 2005/2006.

It’s very nicely set-up with a low action and no chips or dings at all in the neck finish. The Chrome switch plates are completely rust and scratch free and it comes from a non-smoking house so no nasty smells or residue. There are two very minor pin prick sized marks near the jack socket and a couple of small surface scratches and one tiny lower edge ding that has been repaired. I tried to capture them on my camera but I couldn’t get very good results. On the back are the usual fine surface marks you would expect for a bass of this age. However there are no deep scratches or other “buckle rash.” I would say they are very minor blemishes considering the basses overall condition for a 5/6 year old instrument.

The only modification made to the bass is that I have had the standard Vintage tuning gears upgraded to [b]Hipshot[/b] Vintage ones but I can get the original ones re-fitted if that’s your preference. It is fitted with the standard round-wound strings.
I checked the on-line prices for the new equivalent of this bass and they range from £760 to £799. The early ones like mine are now becoming quite sought after with collectors and going up in value. I am asking for £500 with the Hipshot Tuners fitted, or £450 with the standard ones put back on. Click on the thumbnail pictures below. I live close to Gatwick Airport, in Sussex if you want to come and check it out.
[attachment=91752:Jag Body.jpg][attachment=91753:Jag Headstock.jpg]
[attachment=91951:jag bass nat2.jpg][attachment=91952:jag bass 016.jpg]
[attachment=91949:jag bass nat.jpg][attachment=91953:jag bass 007.jpg]

Edited by hollowsbass

• 1 month later...