Why become a member? ×

Korg AX3000B - any opinions?

jimwin

Having had many years of individual stomp boxes, am looking to try multi-effects. I have had a GT10b before - but found it to be "jack of all trades - master of none" with loads of stuff that was unusable. Am really only looking for decent Chrous, delay, reverb, octave, boost, fuzz and a bit of synth. Not bothered at all about amp modelling. I am just trying to simplify my set-up.

The Korg AX3000B seems to have quite good write ups with the features I am looking for.....anyone got any experience of this pedal? If not, any other suggestions (need it for live work so I will need instant access to patches and will need to have by-pass)

Thanks for any advice. Jim

I used a Korg AX3000B when in a Muse tribute band and I found it very easy to use. Some of the pre-programed sounds were very useful, some not as much, but it's quite easy to tweak and alter the pre-programed sounds. However, my only critisism was that the only way to bypass the unit was to go into "tuner" mode. There may be a true bypass mode but after 2 years of using it I hadn't discovered it!

It is a fantastic multi effects unit for the price. I used one live and in the studio for about 3 years and it didn't fail me once. Have a quick search on this forum, there's loads of golden info about it on here.

I left my board at Uni last year but had a gig to do so I took this instead and fell back in love with it. I've since gone for single stomps, but don't let that detract from what is a brilliant pedal. I especially enjoyed being able to assign the expression pedal to any parameter and having such a diverse range of effects available. I loved all the modulation effects, especially the choruses, the delays were great too, however many gripe over the overdrive and synth sounds: although I agree that the Synth module is limited, I still used it well. With regards to the overdrive section, I think that such a criticism is completely unfair. In fact I still come back to the fuzz patch I created every now and then as it reacts very well with other overdrive pedals I use and has oodles of lowend,

For the price, expect £80-100, I don't think it can be beaten. Would I go multi again? Possibly, but I'd get an M9 and not use the overdrive section, incorporating it with my current stomp setup.