Why become a member? ×

Complicated (?) switching/looping question

Walker

I asked a similar question a few weeks back, but things have changed now!

Once again, totally mystified about how to do this using a looper. Ive got the following gear:[list]
[*]Boss TU-3 Tuner
[*]LS-2 Line Selector (A + B + bypass)
[*]Muff, Soundblox BEF (loop 1, before VTBD)
[*]VTBD
[*]Strymon Bluesky, SmallClone, Boss DD-20 (loop 2, after VTBD)
[/list]

And want to do this (the TU-3 will always be available)...[list]
[*]Be able to switch off eveything and go clean to amp
[*]Be able to switch off eveything except VTBD
[*]Be able to switch off eveything except VTBD and loop 1
[*]Be able to switch off eveything except VTBD and loop 2
[*]Have everything switched on
[/list]

Can I do this with the LS-2 or will I need something else? I dont want to use the VTBD effect loop if possible.

Many thanks

Chris

OK so having recently got a A/B pedal here's my 0.02p's worth

Draw out a diagram with the loops you need. If you need both loops on at the same time I'm not sure the LS-2 is for you as I'll presume you can only have A or B or off at any one time.

I have a an A/B with on/off switch and use it with a fuzz in loop A and a boost and overdrive (both on) in loop B so ...
Loop off = clean signal (with tuner connected before the pedalboard)

Loop A - boost and o/drive (sometimes I'll switch the individual drive on or off depending on the part by leaving the loop engaged and just stomping on the individual pedals

Loop B is fuzz only.

As you can see a simple set up and pretty easy to figure out but it prevents the need to tap dance switch two pedals off and another one on simutaneously! It looks like your running:
bass>tuner>LS-2>loop1>VTBD>loop 2>amp so that you can run a either loop with the VTBD which would be placed in line after loop 1 but not both loops together with the VTBD.

I may have confused that but Im bored on night shift and my brain is getting tired! Lehle have some good loop pedals that may suit your needs.

Good luck

you can't do everything you want without the occasional handling of the ls-2.

i'd do this :

Tu3 >Ls-2 (in A+B mode) - Loop A - Muff & Bef pro / Loop B - the others. output of Ls-2 > VTBD > Amp.

then when you want one loop only, just 'zero' the volume of the loop you don't want to hear.

the only other way would be to get another Ls-2, (or some sort of on/off switch) for one of the loops, which is a pain.