Why become a member? ×

Two Problems to Fix - advise needed

gapiro

Good Afternoon BC.
I have two problems that need fixing.
First I'll start with the Aria Fretless.
I picked this bass up for about £30 on gumtree, As far as I can tell, the only damage is as the pictures show. The e string tuner has cracked the wood.

Would you agree that the simplest fix would be to chuck some pva wood glue in, and put a new screw into the hole? Would that work sufficiently to hold it together?

The second thing is finding a nut for my yamaha BB615. When I went to my local music shop, they said 3 months for a replacement from yamaha. Originally then, i got it remade by a luthier but it doesn't really work particularly well and thus need a replacement. Without the original, would a luthier be able to make a new nute that would fit perfectly? The problem i'm having is that the E String does not intonate correctly, even at the extremes of adjustment. The B string is also too near the E string on the new nut.

As a further to the previous post. I am thinking I need to get a set of new tuning keys. with the key as it is now, I can not remove the lodged metal, and I cannot make another hole there suitably. So im thinking that instead of having the tuning keys with the screws below them, is there any way I can put a set of tuning keys so the screw for them is towards the end of the neck, instead of towards the bridge?