Why become a member? ×

SOLD: For Trade (or sale): '99 Warwick Thumb BO-5

Ghost_Bass

[s]Hi, i have this bass up for a trade. It's in good condition but it shows the normal giging wear:
[url="https://picasaweb.google.com/106572846091439162015/Thumb?authkey=Gv1sRgCNqmgrDdmZnLHw#slideshow/5621485395034854226"]https://picasaweb.go...485395034854226[/url]

I've got this on another trade, i'm not in to W sound so it must go. It has a nice fretboard, i have it with an obscene low action and no fret buzz, all electronics are free of static noise and there are no major dings on the bass. The only thing to notice is behind the neck pocket tou can see where the two pieces of wood were glued on, it doesn't go all the way trough the wood, just 1-2mm in the deepest place. I've asked some friends about it and they told me this was usual on W bases... i tried to catch that on pic. It goes strung with a new set of D'Addario Prosteels, if you don't like the clanky sound of super bright steel you should get a set of Warwick strings for it.
From what i've been told it has Wenge body and neck. The neck is straight, no curve or warp even with the strings off!

I'm looking for trades for a [b]Sandberg California PM5[/b] (maple fretboard has preference)[b].[/b]

International shipping is in order, the bass is in Portugal and i'll ship to Europe. Shipping costs will be supported by both parties!

[b]Direct sale for £850 shipped is also available![/b][/s]

[b]Sold, thanks![/b]

Thanks for looking and sorry for the english ;)

Cheers

Edited by Ghost_Bass

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1316444995' post='1378063']
Your English is better than mine :)

Shame you're not into Warwicks, I'd offer mine to trade otherwise! Good luck getting what you're after
[/quote]

Thanks, i'm very satisfied with my TRB and i would only put it away for a Ken Smith Black Tiger but funds are tight. The W sound is too artificial for me, i'm more into hi-fi. W's have a nice but very particular sound... either you love it or hate it!
I can also sell the bass but from the prices i've seen on other topics i would be taking a huge hit on it's value... but if anybody's willing to grab this up for... let's say... £850 shipped i'll let it go.

I prefer the trade though, i'm looking at the Sandberg for far too long ( a California PM5 with maple fb in tobacco burst and black pg wolud make me a very happy bunny!)

Cheers

Edited by Ghost_Bass

• 3 weeks later...