Why become a member? ×

Stingray 1989 ( With Mods)

loudandclear

This bass started out its life as a red Alder bodied Fretless stingray. I bought it as such a few years ago now from the forum.

I decided to set about some mods as at the time as this was never going to be sold.
So Got Martin Peterson at the bass gallery to intstall frets and put a new birdseye maple fretboard on. As you would expect the workmanship is faultless.

I then refinished the bass in a white nitro finish. I stripped the bass back to natural, primered the wood and sprayed several coats of nitro white pain (sanding in between each coat) before sealing with a nitro white gloss. The finish will not quite stand up to a pro job as the paint ran in a few small places and there are some small indentations on the back ( buckle rash) that I did not sand out and fill properly but it is on the whole pretty good.

All hard ware, pickup electrics are original , pickguard is not (didn’t come with original). The bass sounds as a Stingray should and has a really nice feel to it.

If this were all original it would command decent money even in these hard times but I am aware that the mods do not add value (although cost me a fortune). So pricing is tricky but I feel that £600 is fair but comments are welcome on this. This will include delivery , the bass does not have a case but will be very well packed, You are welcome to try it out/inspect it.

I am primarily looking for a sale but may consider trades if something catches my eye.

Cheers

[url="http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m592/tel707tcd/Stingray/"]http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m592/tel707tcd/Stingray/[/url]

terry my friend i sold it because needed to fund my Fbass and i play 5 strings now but for sure was the best stingray i ever had the tone was so flexible but i bet this one will be the bomb

it has
1) birdeye fretboard
2) the old nut
3) the best neck ever that these stingrays (i know from my fretless) dont have that D shape and they easy for your left thumb :)
4) the bridge can have mutes
5) birdseye neck too

so after the above
1) i should buy it :)
2) maybe you need to keep it man where can you find a better ray and is still personal has your character in it