Why become a member? ×

She Sold! Take it off baby! Lakland Skyline 55-02

sime17

Right, my second Lakland also has to go due to a newfound and previously unthinkable Stingray habit!

This is Christina, she's a luvverly blonde with an unbeatable bottom (end). She's a standard 55-02 with a nice grain pattern and a factory-fitted black-white-black pickguard. I bought her new from The Gallery in 2003 (or was it 2) and have always tried to look after her. As an original early Korean Skyline she has the Bartolini pups and preamp.

She's played second fiddle to her black sister Alicia, a DJ5, since 2007/8, so though she's been to loadsa gigs she's sat on the stand for most of them, and is therefore in really good nick. The worst wear is on the pickup covers, tho this was hard to show in the pics. The reason I tended to play with her sister ( ) is because she's a bit polite and complex whilst her sister is DIRTY (oh yeah). Christina has always been the better recording bass however cos she's so versatile. The B string is awesome as expected, and the sound across all five strings and 22 frets is smoothly delightful, with a lot of tones coaxable from a bit of tweaking.

She's been kept in a case all her life, but I'm keeping that for my Precision so I'll ship her with a good gig bag.

The non-standard securable knobs are fitted because I found when using the passive-pull feature the original (no-grub-screw) volume knob used to come off in yer hand! However, the original black rubber knobs will be included. Also will include a Jeannie gold anodised pickguard I got of ebay for a bit of variation, although it doesn't quite line up all the screws (all but one iirc) as it was made for a US 55-94. Straplocks were fitted from new, I'll include the receiving ends too. Strings are nearly new Elites (ss).

Please be gentle with her, she's a good girl. It feels like I'm trafficking my own daughter here!

That said I'll sell her for £750 shipped! I'd consider trades(+/-) for something Fendery and 5 string (but probly not actually Fender as I don't think I could adapt to the different b-string feel). For eg a Ray 35, a Sub 5, a G+L/Tribute 2500, Sandberg Californias etc.

[url="http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m556/sime17/Lakland%2055-02%20for%20sale/"]http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m556/s...2%20for%20sale/[/url]

Edited by sime17