Why become a member? ×

Adele's Lovesong Soloed!!!

bassjamm

Hey everyone...

Just recorded this video. I've been trying to work on developing ideas to get more mileage out of them. I was also trying to work on my feel for the harmony and time, not sure that worked out quite so well...ha!

There's a cheeky Mike Stern reference in there too I do believe.

The quality of the video isn't that great, I'm working on that!

Here's the vid...

Thanks in advance for your time...

Jamie

wow i really enjoyed.

I was a little daunted by it lasting almost 10 mins, but really enjoyed it all.

If i had any comments, and please take them in the constructive way they are intended :), because i couldn't have played like that!
After a few minutes (3 or 4) it all starts to sound more natural and fluid with more soul. I personally preferred from 5 mins onwards where you've moved down the neck a bit.

i could easily listen to another 10 mins

[quote name='Nyl' post='1371725' date='Sep 13 2011, 01:20 PM']wow i really enjoyed.

I was a little daunted by it lasting almost 10 mins, but really enjoyed it all.

If i had any comments, and please take them in the constructive way they are intended :), because i couldn't have played like that!
After a few minutes (3 or 4) it all starts to sound more natural and fluid with more soul. I personally preferred from 5 mins onwards where you've moved down the neck a bit.

i could easily listen to another 10 mins[/quote]

Hey man...thanks for the comments.

That's exactly what I want to hear man, I'm not posting these things to try to show off or anything, I want peoples opinions and ideas on how I could sound more melodic and natural. It's also great for documenting my progress and useful for me to be able to go back and analyse my playing. I should be doing that a bit more really I guess.

Thanks for the comments though.

I'll be adding more videos as time goes on. I'm away for a while from tomorrow, but I plan to start recording more and more upon my return.

Thanks again pal.

[quote name='bassjamm' post='1371921' date='Sep 13 2011, 03:01 PM']Hey man...thanks for the comments.

That's exactly what I want to hear man, I'm not posting these things to try to show off or anything, I want peoples opinions and ideas on how I could sound more melodic and natural. It's also great for documenting my progress and useful for me to be able to go back and analyse my playing. I should be doing that a bit more really I guess.

Thanks for the comments though.

I'll be adding more videos as time goes on. I'm away for a while from tomorrow, but I plan to start recording more and more upon my return.

Thanks again pal.[/quote]

It's a nice piece mate.

The start of what you were playing was very repetitive and it felt like you were playing with a single melody and couldn't really get out of your comfort zone but as it went on your confidence grew and you were able to get past it.
When songs are a slow tempo its a lot harder to be able to take a melody & move on with it but only practice can improve this.
IMO there was a little too much reverb on the entire piece, your melody was getting masked by the reverb on the accompaniment. Was it done on a DAW or with a loop pedal?