Why become a member? ×

mixing Aguilar DB and GS cabs

lowfer

Guys,

needing another cab for a couple of big gigs coming up, currently using an aguilar db112, been trying to buy a second and no one has one in stock, i have seen a gs212 for sale on the forum and wondered what people thoughts are abour purchasing and combining my db112 with the gs212, will this be a mariage made in heaven or a will it create a b***tard child

any thoughts most appreciated.

Nathan

Never tried it but I have a GS112 pr and a DB210 pr.

The driver is the the same in the DB/GS 112's but the cab is tuned differently.
My instinct says no to your idea of mixing them..but I'd say the GS212 would work great on its own if my 2xGS112's are anything to go by.
They are scooped, IMO, but the horn is good. I find with clean strings, the cab is very easy to set up with a decent amp.
I like the 10's for when the strings go a bit off...but none of my strings are dull compared to some.
This makes EQ so easy, IMO....or dispenses with it, in reality apart from timbre for the room bias.

I'd say the GS212 could be an inspired choice if you can demo it.

Talking of stock... have you been through all the Aguilar stockists like Gtr/gtr or Mansons...plus of course, the usual suspects?

[url="http://www.aguilaramp.com/shop_international_dealers.htm"]http://www.aguilaramp.com/shop_international_dealers.htm[/url]

Edited by JTUK

[quote name='lowfer' post='1365536' date='Sep 7 2011, 06:18 PM']yes been through the list, waiting for Manson's to get back to me, but they are more expensive than say the bass merchant, also the gallery may be able to deliver in a week, again waiting for them to get back to me.

the gs212 would be a def if it was 4 ohm[/quote]

Ask them to price match :)

I've got 2 db112s and they sound great together. Some guys tur. The tweeter right off on one cab, haven't tried that yet.

I'd say wait if you can.
I'm almost wishing I had gone for the SL112s purely for the weight as they are daft light but there were none available even to try out so rather than wait I went for the DBs which were in stock. Two together sound fantastic - just huge.
S

Edited by bassbluestew