Why become a member? ×

In-ear monitors

MattB

Hiya

I'm bass/vocals in a few bands, but more and more getting sick of either having no monitors, or sticking things in my ears to try and hear what the f*** i'm actually wailing out. Anyone out there used in-ear monitors? Any thoughts / advice / recommendations as I have no experience in this area.
As always, thanks in advance for any info!
Matt

Don't use IEM myself, but I do see/hear so many bands flogging the vox to death... to the point that they don't/can't sing without shouting which makes the vox worse..plus the guy ends up hoarse at the end of the gig..which will have problems further down the line...not to mention he can pitch higher and better if he sings within himself.

IMO, our vox can sing and the difference a decent pr of monitors makes is massive. IEM or trad monitors is your choice, but the vox are the focal point of the band and so many potentially decent ones can't get this right. Get the vox sorted sound-wise and then mix the rest of the band to them.

I only every knew one good..actually very good..vox not use monitors and now his voice is shot. I am pretty sure that result was hastened at the very least, through not using decent monitors.