Why become a member? ×

Is there a better way of doing this?

Walker

[b]Is there a better way to do this?[/b]

After spending time with a GT-10B, I decided what I needed (yes, I know it's a very personal choice and not everyones cup of tea!) and I'm putting together my first pedalboard. Everything will be on my pedaltrain 2 with Voodoo power supply. I've studied lots of posts on here and articles on other sites, even a couple of books.

I know I'll need to experiment with the order, but would the order below be a sensible first stab at it?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[b]Bass into:[/b]
Boss TU-3 Tuner > LS-2 Line Selector

[b]Send A:[/b]
EBS WahOne > MXR BEF > MXR BOD > EHX Bass Big Muff > VT Bass Deluxe (VTBD Effects loop: Strymon BlueSky > EHX Small Clone)

[b]Send B: [/b]
Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator (for my Kala uBass)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One thing I would really like to do, but I can't get my head around how I would do it, would be to have an option that bypasses everything but the VTBD, so I would end up with 3 loops plus a bypass:

1. Only VTBD
2. All effects available (inc. VTBD)
3. Kala uBass setup
4. Bypass, straight to amp (which is a PJB Suitcase which has 2 channels with seperate EQ's)

Any ideas? Can this be done? have I missed something stupidly obvious?

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

Chris

How about putting the effects in loop A,the U- Bass in loop B,and putting the VT Bass in the output after the
line selector? Then the VT is always available,but you can bypass it when you use the U-Bass. Ok...your signal will
always be passing through the VT,but it's not going to be a big deal.

[quote name='Doddy' post='1364055' date='Sep 6 2011, 01:20 PM']How about putting the effects in loop A,the U- Bass in loop B,and putting the VT Bass in the output after the
line selector? Then the VT is always available,but you can bypass it when you use the U-Bass. Ok...your signal will
always be passing through the VT,but it's not going to be a big deal.[/quote]

Thanks for that, good idea, appreciated.
Should I keep the reverb and chorus in the VT effects loop? Tech 21 says that time based FX should be after the VT or in the loop.

Edited by Walker