Why become a member? ×

Custom Fuzz Wah Rehousing Project

tayste_2000

I just sent Ian over at Ghost Effects an email and thought it might be worth posting it here incase someone has some better ideas or is just interested in the build that is going to happen

[quote name='tayste_2000']Dear Ian

I had a bass fuzz face built by yourself a year or so ago and I\'m very happy with it so I\'m wondering if you could possibly help me out with another project I have in mind.

I\'ve recently purchased a Fender Fuzz Wah, now I don\'t know if you are familiar with these but functionally they are amazing, sound wise they are a bit crap. In this link you should be able to see the functionality I\'m talking about

The wah works as any wah would expect the switch isn\'t under the treadle meaning it\'s a nice solid true bypass switch. The fuzz has a similar switch and the gain is controlled by moving the treadle left or right (it\'s a basical wah mechanism using string to turn a pot) it then had a trim pot under neath for fuzz volume and a switch to change it from Fuzz -> Wah into Wah ->Fuzz

My plan was to get the wah replaced with my 70\'s Kimbara wah that needs a rehouse anyway due to an iffy switch and get the fuzz swapped out for the Ghost Effects Bass Fuzz Face you made for me.

This poses a few issues, first being the Ghost Face doesn\'t like being placed after the wah, it works perfectly fine with a buffer in between it so I\'ll either need a buffer making or supply a 3rd pedal in this case a Dredgetone Angler that has a buffered bypass and build a 3rd effect in which is an overdrive which to me wouldn\'t be the end of the world.

2nd issue is power, I know the Ghost Face reverses polarity so it can\'t be daisy chained, I have no idea what polarity the wah takes as it\'s battery only. My intention is to run this effect as battery only anyway so I would have no issue running 2 batteries inside, one for the fuzz and one for the wah. Though if it could be done with 1 that would be great.

The good news is the Fender Fuzz Wah is HUGE it can easily accomodate all this circuitry and more.

Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in building for me.

Kind Regards[/quote]

So there it is, hopefully Ian is up for building it else I might have to hit Max at SFX up but I know that\'s gonna be a fair old chunk of cash.

Anyway, thoughts, comments, insight?

Edited by tayste_2000