Why become a member? ×

Home made case

ceilidhswinger

[quote name='ceilidhswinger' post='1358776' date='Sep 1 2011, 01:39 PM']Calum has the uncanny knack of able to feel com-[i]fart[/i]-able in any musical style[/quote]
Does Calum play wind instruments then? :)

Good luck with the case; I remember the years of MusicMart magazine there was a company that sold all the parts needed for full flight cases. I'd be very interested to see how this goes.

Edited by Big_Stu

[quote name='ceilidhswinger' post='1358776' date='Sep 1 2011, 01:39 PM']Busy making a hard travelling case for my Palatino EUB out of plastic Culvert pipe split in two and joined with piano hinge and filled with expanding foam complete with catches n handles, might put a castor or 2 on..

pictures later![/quote]

That sounds very interesting, looking forward to some pictures.
Be careful when you take it outside. Remember when the Met shot that bloke carrying a chair leg because they thought it was a sub-machine gun?
I'd hate to hear about the 'Dundee Bazooka Incident'......

[quote name='Big_Stu' post='1358782' date='Sep 1 2011, 01:48 PM']Does Calum play wind instruments then? :)

Good luck with the case; I remember the years of MusicMart magazine there was a company that sold all the parts needed for full flight cases. I'd be very interested to see how this goes.[/quote]

I remember that Met case (excuse the pun) Bazooka? its like a bleedin cannon! think I will put wheels either side and call it Mons Meg (CANNON EDINBURGH CASTLE)
Christ! never noticed that typo Ha ha! Good one Big Stu, I just lifted blurb from our web-site, will have to have a word with our web-guy.

Re case, couldn't get a case for bass anywhere, could get on made but they were wanting more than the bass was worth so picked up pipe for nothing, couple tins foam, and hardwear, I'd say about £30 spent. Still tinkering!

PHOTOS SOON

[quote name='Len_derby' post='1358784' date='Sep 1 2011, 01:48 PM']That sounds very interesting, looking forward to some pictures.
Be careful when you take it outside. Remember when the Met shot that bloke carrying a chair leg because they thought it was a sub-machine gun?
I'd hate to hear about the 'Dundee Bazooka Incident'......[/quote]

I remember that Met case (excuse the pun) Bazooka? its like a bleedin cannon! think I will put wheels either side and call it Mons Meg (CANNON EDINBURGH CASTLE)

Re case, couldn't get a case for bass anywhere, could get on made but they were wanting more than the bass was worth so picked up pipe for nothing, couple tins foam, and hardwear, I'd say about £30 spent. Still tinkering!

PHOTOS SOON

[quote name='Len_derby' post='1358784' date='Sep 1 2011, 01:48 PM']That sounds very interesting, looking forward to some pictures.
I'd hate to hear about the 'Dundee Bazooka Incident'......[/quote]

Hi again Len, here's a picture of said case, work in progress!

Calum[attachment=[attachment=88524:Photo0429.jpg]:Photo0429.jpg]

[quote name='Big_Stu' post='1358782' date='Sep 1 2011, 01:48 PM']Does Calum play wind instruments then? :)

Good luck with the case; I remember the years of MusicMart magazine there was a company that sold all the parts needed for full flight cases. I'd be very interested to see how this goes.[/quote]

Hi Big Stu, I have posted a couple of pictures of home made Palatino case. see below.

Calum[attachment=88526:Photo0430.jpg]