Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM C210T-500 EVO III 2x10 Combo

BH12neil

Hi everybody

This is my first post so I hope somebody out there can help. I am thinking of buying an Ashdown ABM C210T 500 EVO III 2x10 Combo to upgrade from my Line 6 Lowdown Studio 110. I am fairly new to playing but am learning quite quickly so want an amp that I can use for the small gigs I hope to be playing in the future. I am a fan of combo,s because they seem easier to use. Would I be able to add an Ashdown MAG210T 200 Watt 2x10 Deep Speaker Cab EVO II to add power and clarity or would this be overkill?

Any comments on these amps or perhaps alternatives.

All help really appreciated.

Regards

BH12neil

Edited by BH12neil

[quote name='BH12neil' post='1356159' date='Aug 30 2011, 12:13 PM']Hi everybody

This is my first post so I hope somebody out there can help. I am thinking of buying an Ashdown ABM C210T 500 EVO III 2x10 Combo to upgrade from my Line 6 Lowdown Studio 110. I am fairly new to playing but am learning quite quickly so want an amp that I can use for the small gigs I hope to be playing in the future. I am a fan of combo,s because they seem easier to use. Would I be able to add an Ashdown MAG210T 200 Watt 2x10 Deep Speaker Cab EVO II to add power and clarity or would this be overkill?

Any comments on these amps or perhaps alternatives.

All help really appreciated.

Regards

BH12neil[/quote]
Hi. I have the Ashdown EVO III which I use with a Ashdown Classic Neodymium 2x10. For bigger gigs, I add a 4x10 from the same series, which increases the power output from the amp. The 2x10 and separate amp is more portable than the combo (separate components are also easier to sell) but I can see the attraction. As the combo you are considering is 8ohms (you better check up on this) you would be able to add another 8ohm cabinet and shift more air. Generally speaking, amplifiers usually (but not always) give maximum power output at 4ohms. You get 4ohms by combining two cabinets of 8ohms. If the combo you are considering is only 4ohms (but I'm sure it's not) you would not be able to add an extension cabinet. I like the sound of my equipment, although the EVO III amp requires a lot of tweaking to get the best sound. This will be a considerable improvement over your current Line 6. By the way Ashdown have a customer helpline on their website, and are very helpful. The Mag series of Ashdown gear is fairly basic although the 2x10 you mention is 8ohms. You would be better considering the ABM 2x10 compact cabinet as it would match the speaker in the combo. This is also 8ohms. If I were looking for a combo, I would go for the Fender TV 2x10 or 1x15. Best of luck

Regards,

KEDO

Edited by kedo

Like Kedo says, yes you can. The ABM would be a better match.
I have a 2x10 combo (Markbass) & find it more than ample for the sort of gigs I play. I have it on it's side so that the drivers are vertical & give a better dispersion & I usually raise it up on something.