Why become a member? ×

Yamaha CSX 1 Synth (The Big Blue) for sale *price drop*

Hello all,

This is an amazing legendary synth.
Using it's midi (cables supplied) capabilities you can use it as a controller or if you want you can just use it as a keyboard/synth for noodling around on. There are untold thousands of sequences, sounds, instruments, pads etc on this thing. It'd be impossible to go through them all! Every sound or sample can be adjusted using the onboard delay, distortion, reverb or chorus effects, which can then be sequenced, looped etc in any which way you fancy. You can layer sounds and effects, sample sounds, freaking everything! It's got a mic hole so you can use it as a vocoder and I put my bass through it once to get some crazy dub effects running. It also has an effects loop and a socket for a sustainer.
This will come with a two-tier stand, power supply and some midi cables. If you ask, I can also supply a Jack-Jack to connect it to a PA/amp/whatever you want. I also have it's original instruction book (practically a novel!).
It's in used condition. There's light scratching everywhere but nothing too noticeable. One of the keys on the higher register has been chipped but it still works fine.
I've put it up for £80 but will take offers on this because I'm not entirely sure how much these are actually worth.
This is a collection only jobbie and will accept cash on collection or a bank transfer. You could ask me to deliver if it's not too far and for some cash.

Here's some blurb:

[i]The CS1x is Yamaha's first Analog Emulation performance keyboard for electronic and dance musicians (the CS line is back!). It's a digital synthesizer that emulates analog style, sounds and controls. All controls and parameters are real-time and MIDI controllable. As well as a superb set of quality synth bass, pads, voices, leads and arpeggiated sequences there are plenty of amazing drum sounds also with analog sound and control.

Plenty of memory (128 preset, 128 user) and MIDI control make the CS1x perfect for both live and studio use. Control the synth, arpeggiator and editing through MIDI control. The CS1x only has limited multitimbrality in which, when hooked up to a sequencer, MIDI channels 5-16 offer plain old Yamaha XG synth sounds but MIDI channel 1 holds the CS1x's main sounds and effects. It's already being used by Underworld, Bushflange, Jamiraquai, Skylab2000, Somatic Responses, and David Bowie. [/i]

Here's a piccie:

Here's a vid showcasing some of the incredible things you can do with this:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_feNEmomM7k&feature=related"]Link to Youtube[/url]

Trades I'm after: Cheap amps, reverb units, vocal units, acoustic guitar pickup, good cables etc etc TRY ME!

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Truckstop