Why become a member? ×

BASS COLLECTION - yes... SGC Nanyo ! plus more...

rogerds

OK - what do we need to say about these? - but you all probably know anyway....

The original Bass Collection series made by Nanyo in Japan (who bought out the Sexton Guitar Company - Hence SGC) were high quality instruments...
just look at the way the neck matches with the body - the use of Gotoh tuners etc
NOT to be confused with the current SX models - which - although good value for money - simply do not compare

I see a basschatter has a passive one up for £150 - are you guys mad? how come its still there?

This is 4-string - active - in a deep, almost translucent, red
It does have an extra switch fitted - apparently, the previous owner had to replace the jack socket - but wired it incorrectly so the battery was always on - so, instead of sorting it, put a switch in to manually turn the battery off ! - needless to say its all sorted now and the switch is redundant - but left there because otherwise there would be a nasty hole! (thats the cut-off red wires in the electrics cavity)

its a SB310 series with a serial number starting 95 so must be one of the very last to have been made in japan before production by SGC Nanyo shifted to Korea for a very short time before ceasing completely

(I actually have one of the SGC Nanyo Korean BC's)

I'm putting this up for only £199 - cheap for what I think is one of the most under-rated and under-valued basses around - in my very humble opinion !

buit what I would *really* like is a P/X or Trade for an electro acoustic 6-string (sorry!) of decent quality - Takamine or so - anyone interested??

These bass can only be seen as a good investment in these worrying financial times - prices starting to go up on 'bay now

( I also have a black one - with EMGs - that I might be persuaded to part with for the right deal :)

Any trial / inspection most welcome - could probably find some coffee or a beer...
I'm in Poole - south coast - sometimes sunny - sometimes wet...

pics below - hopefully

other stuff which has to go which i'll get round to listing sometime....

MarkBass 2 x 10 combo *BUT* with the LMK 2-channel amp (came from good b'chatter a year or so ago - no longer used for the sort of stuff I do now) - £650
Eden WT-405 (Time Traveller) - £450
Peavey Bandit 65 guitar combo - £75

[attachment=87755:bc_red_01.jpg][attachment=87756:bc_red_body_01.jpg][attachment=87757:bc_red_pups.j
pg][attachment=87758:bc_red_knobs.jpg][attachment=87759:bc_red_tuners.jpg][attachment=87761:bc_red_i
n
nards.jpg][attachment=87760:bc_red_plate.jpg]

Edited by rogerds

[quote name='rogerds' post='1350056' date='Aug 24 2011, 11:02 AM']OK - what do we need to say about these? - but you all probably know anyway....

The original Bass Collection series made by Nanyo in Japan (who bought out the Sexton Guitar Company - Hence SGC) were high quality instruments...
just look at the way the neck matches with the body - the use of Gotoh tuners etc
NOT to be confused with the current SX models - which - although good value for money - simply do not compare

I see a basschatter has a passive one up for £150 - are you guys mad? how come its still there?

This is 4-string - active - in a deep, almost translucent, red
It does have an extra switch fitted - apparently, the previous owner had to replace the jack socket - but wired it incorrectly so the battery was always on - so, instead of sorting it, put a switch in to manually turn the battery off ! - needless to say its all sorted now and the switch is redundant - but left there because otherwise there would be a nasty hole! (thats the cut-off red wires in the electrics cavity)

its a SB310 series with a serial number starting 95 so must be one of the very last to have been made in japan before production by SGC Nanyo shifted to Korea for a very short time before ceasing completely

(I actually have one of the SGC Nanyo Korean BC's)

I'm putting this up for only £199 - cheap for what I think is one of the most under-rated and under-valued basses around - in my very humble opinion !

buit what I would *really* like is a P/X or Trade for an electro acoustic 6-string (sorry!) of decent quality - Takamine or so - anyone interested??

These bass can only be seen as a good investment in these worrying financial times - prices starting to go up on 'bay now

( I also have a black one - with EMGs - that I might be persuaded to part with for the right deal :)

Any trial / inspection most welcome - could probably find some coffee or a beer...
I'm in Poole - south coast - sometimes sunny - sometimes wet...

pics below - hopefully

other stuff which has to go which i'll get round to listing sometime....

Ibanez SDGR 4-string - active - sunburst - Japanese - not sure which model - pics available - £160
MarkBass 2 x 10 combo *BUT* with the LMK 2-channel amp (came from good b'chatter a year or so ago - no longer used for the sort of stuff I do now) - £650
Eden WT-405 (Time Traveller) - £450
Peavey Bandit 65 guitar combo - £75

[attachment=87755:bc_red_01.jpg][attachment=87756:bc_red_body_01.jpg][attachment=87757:bc_red_pups.j
pg][attachment=87758:bc_red_knobs.jpg][attachment=87759:bc_red_tuners.jpg][attachment=87761:bc_red_i
n
nards.jpg][attachment=87760:bc_red_plate.jpg][/quote]
Hi Roger.
I'm the guy selling the black passive SGC for £150.
Thanks for the bump and I hope you have more luck shifting this beauty
If I had the cash I would have this off you. I already have an active one but yours is a bit nicer.
Cheers and good luck with the sale these are quality instruments for not a lot of cash. :)