Why become a member? ×

case for Mesa 400+?

Raph

er... the title says it - can anyone recommend a decent case for a Mesa Boogie 400+? It's currently in a SKB rack which is about 10cm too deep for it, so lots of space at the back, but unnecessarily big, otherwise ok. Also at first even with the fan on it got too hot to touch, so I had to cut holes in the side panels to let air through.

I'd happily get a rack case the right size if I could find one but they seem to be either about 250mm deep which isn't enough, or 400mm upwards,. I can get a flightcase made up the right size, but they're so heavy the thing becomes unliftable, and it takes yer arm off as it is, so I'm trying to find a moulded one the right size.

Any ideas?

PS
Yeah, "get a lighter amp"or "do some work outs"... but I mean suggestions [i]apart [/i]from those ones... :)

[quote name='jmesa' post='157723' date='Mar 14 2008, 09:59 PM']Here's a silly one - buy an official Mesa shock rack.... only £645 over here!

Nah thought not :huh:[/quote]

Now... that's SILLY!!! :)

Thanks for trying! I'm resigned to leaving it in the SKB rack. I've been checking out custom rack cases in birch ply and aluminium but they all weigh about 10kg, so I'm better off carrying some empty space than carrying more weight.

[quote name='Raph' post='156287' date='Mar 12 2008, 07:38 PM']I'd happily get a rack case the right size if I could find one but they seem to be either about 250mm deep which isn't enough, or 400mm upwards,. I can get a flightcase made up the right size, but they're so heavy the thing becomes unliftable, and it takes yer arm off as it is, so I'm trying to find a moulded one the right size.[/quote]
You could try talking to Flightcase Warehouse, as they make flight cases on the premises and have assorted materials, including lightweight ones.

[quote name='tauzero' post='159379' date='Mar 18 2008, 08:41 AM']You could try talking to Flightcase Warehouse, as they make flight cases on the premises and have assorted materials, including lightweight ones.[/quote]

"including lightweight ones" - if they do lightweight ones to order then that'll be the answer. I'll ring them and ask. Thanks for the suggestion.