Why become a member? ×

Fully carved double bass *sold*

Guest subaudio

Guest subaudio

Did my first gig with my fretless Jazz type bass instead of my double bass this weekend with my regular band and have decided to sell my double bass once and for all simply due to logistics.

She is a 30 year old Romanian, fully carved double bass, Realist pickup, leather bow quiver, two bows, one very good German and a French that needs a rehair and a repair to the frog, a double bow case, roisin, gig bag, bass wheel and assorted spare strings, the bass was valued at £1200 just before I bought it on here three years ago and I have added the pickup which as you will know are not cheap and are fantastic pickups.
As a 30 year old working bass it has all the unavoidable bumps and marks you would expect but still a great looking instrument with a lot of mojo.

The bass also has a D extender, is fully structurally sound and is a great sounding, playing and looking instrument ready to hit the road with.

I am asking an absolute bargain price of [s]£1000[/s], [s]£900[/s] (now £850) or (preferably) a trade for a quality 4 string Fender (or quality Fender type) P bass or P/J configured P bass, fretted or fretless and a bit of cash my way depending on what you have to trade.

Pics asap but it's the one in my profile pic for starters

Edited by subaudio

Guest subaudio

As a one in a million chance that I can sell this before the dream of a Tony Franklin P bass sells here I will accept £900 for this (basicly the price of the Franklin and my train fair to fetch it) this is a one off price drop until the Franklin sells or I buy it :) then it will be back to it's allready insanley cheap original price ovno.

Guest subaudio

Thanks Bassace, wise words :)

I found my old camera phone, please excuse lack of quality, more available should anyone wish to see them

[attachment=87691:Photo0238.jpg]

[attachment=87690:Photo0242.jpg]

[attachment=87692:Photo0246.jpg]

Guest subaudio

Ha, that would be fantastic wouldn't it :) and actually a good idea (to my mind anyway), no more bass amps taking up all the room, just build it into the wall and if it's a valve amp it will also heat the room, well a bit anyway.

Guest subaudio

OK, so the Franklin dream bass has sold, (congrats to the new owner btw) and despite what I said about the temporary price drop I'm going to make it permanent, and in fact I'm dropping the price again ! £850 last and final offer as I dont want to miss out on any more amazing BG's !

Guest subaudio

[quote name='TPJ' post='1353876' date='Aug 27 2011, 08:42 PM']I really wish I had the readies and need for this. Did you get this off Merchant a couple of years back?

Sad sign of the times when a nice bass going for a steal is still sitting here :)[/quote]

Hiya mate, thank you.

Yes I did buy it from Merchant on here, it's a very nice bass and my band and girlfriend are trying to persuade me not to sell it but I need the cash and can't really practice where I live so it's going to have to go I'm afraid, although admitedly with a heavy heart.

Edited by subaudio