Why become a member? ×

Thanks for the help in chosing guys (NBD)

JoshL

After my previous post about deciding between the lakland, sterling by musicman and g and l l2000 tribute I finally took the plunge when we were in the states earlier this month and got my hands on a blueburst/maple g and l l2000 tribute. What can I say!, It's an absolute monster compared to my old squire p and so much more versatile which was exactly what I needed due to the amount of variation between the stuff that I'm playing at the minute.

Thanks alot for the help and advice in choosing this bass. Just 1 thing, any of you guys who has also got 1 of these, what settings are some of your favourites?
I'm quite liking the neck pick up soloed with the pre amp on in series with the bass up and the treble off. Takes a bit off getting used to going from a single tone control passive squire to all the tone options of the g and l but I'm loving it!

Thanks again guys.

Josh

Nice one. :) Pics?
Your favoured setting is a nice one - I think if I had a L-2000 I'd be using something similar too.
My L-1000 is neck pup only and I love the series setting on it... although my passive eq is completely different affair to yours.
Speaking of which, be warned when talking about your "pre amp", your "active" setting is not a traditional active circuit with bass boost etc. basically it's a line boost to your passive signal.

Thanks for letting me know that about the preamp, didnt realise it wasnt a true "active pre-amp" in the more common meaning of it. I'll try and get some pics of the bass uploaded tomorow evening. I'm still sort of getting used to all the adjustability of it compared to the single tone control squire!

Edited by JoshL