Why become a member? ×

Fender Strat Replacement Pickups On A Scartchplate

I selling a set of pickups that were on my Fender Strat. The pickups are -

Rio Grande Texas BBQ Zebra Humbucker - [i][b]Bridge Position[/b][/i]

Rio Grande Vintage Tall Boy Single Coil - [b]Middle Position[/b]

Seymour Duncan Little 59 Stacked Humbucker - [i][b]Neck Position[/b][/i]

They are all mounted on a WD Black scratch plate and all wired. You would just need to pop these in your Strat and connect to the input jack and you will be ready to go.

These pickups offer a whole new tonal aspect to your Strat but since I bought A Gibson Les Paul, I decided to put the original Strat pickup and scratch plate back on my guitar for the more traditional sound which balances nicely against my Les Paul. I originally put them on my Strat to give me wider range of sounds as it was my only guitar. Honestly, they sound incredible. Here are what the relevant sites say -

[i][b]Rio Grande Texas BBQ Humbucker Zebra[/b][/i] -

A classic 50's style Humbucking, but alot more horsepower under the hood! Our most popular humbucking to date....Not a distortion pickup, just more muscle. Bear down on the meat and easy on the potato salad! Recommended bridge position. Braided 2-Conductor cable.

[i][b]Rio Grande Vintage Tall Boy[/b][/i] -

Our most popular pickup to date, this "non stag" model offers enhanced replication of the good ol' tone casters. Not all Strats® have "that" sound. From over 30 years of vintage guitar collecting, dealing, and repairs, comes the knowledge of which have the tone and why. Lots of other pickup companies know how to make a hot pickup, not many know tone from Diddley!

[i][b]Seymour Duncan Little '59[/b][/i] -

The little '59 is designed to give the warm, smooth tone of an old 1959 Patent Applied For humbucker in a single coil size. This pickup has an even dynamic response with adjustable pole pieces that allow you to fine tune your string balance and dial in just the right amount of punch. The little '59 is basically the single coil version of the SH-1 59 model allowing you to have the same tone without major bodywork to your guitar.

The scratch plate is made by WD and is currently wired with just a volume and tone. This can of course be changed very easily.

Anyway, these pickups combined total around the £250.00 and the scratch plate at around £20.00. I am looking for just £100.00 including delivery within the UK. If you want a change with minimal fuss and expense, then this is the perfect opportunity to do it. Drop me a line and we can take it from there. No trades please. Take care and thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Matt

Edited by mattbass6

• 2 months later...