Why become a member? ×

yamaha trb1006/trb1006j

MatthewKeys

I've been looking at the prices of yamaha trb1006's and I was just wondering is there a difference between the TRB1006 and the TRB1006J or is it the same thing? They look exactly the same :)

There seems to be a general price difference. TRB1006J sells for about £870 and the TRB1006 sells for about £680.

:)

Thanks

The TRB1006J is the updated model,

Try doing your homework next time :)

The 1006J has a 3 piece neck, instead of a 1 piece neck with diffrent nut bolts with more or less the same system/design which gives a more stable neck, with also a little more mellow sound (but it's a very, very minor change to the sound, i doubt anyone would notice the change in sound is only 'on paper' as it were )

The pickups have also been altered a tad to sound "sweeter" and the EQ "improved" but i'd guess both of those things are an opinion!

The J series are the new ones, the 1000 without the J's are the older ones

I've followed the TRB1006/1006J for about 3 years as i've hard GAS for one, but a rig comes first, and i'm lacking on funds!

Edit:

Though the TRB1000J series comes in limited colours, i think they don't even do flat black anymore but i always wanted one in blue or red which they don't do aand haven't for about 5 years! The new ones are Natural, Transparent black or Caramel brown (my personal favourite!)

The new ones i know for a fact are very well made, not played an older non J TRB1000 series to compare it too though

Edited by AttitudeCastle

I had a TRB1006 (non-J). Great value bass but I wouldn't say it felt expensive. Body laminates looked cheap in the natural finish and hardware looked like it'd tarnish quickly (which it did). Never liked the fat brick-like neck profile either - not what you generally want on a 6. Sound was clear but rather anonymous. I moved it on because it failed to inspire me. I've not seen the J version but spec and images look identical. The original one sold for about £750 new so obviously the exchange rate didn't do Yamaha any favours in-between discontinuing the old one and bringing the new one out. It was bloomin' heavy, too!