Why become a member? ×

GK MBE Cabs

MarshallBTB

[quote name='MarshallBTB' post='1330732' date='Aug 7 2011, 11:02 AM']Anyone own/tried these out? I'm looking at the 212, seems good for the money![/quote]

I have the same question. Much cheaper than the neo, but is the saving detrimental to the sound quality !!!

[quote name='MarshallBTB' post='1330732' date='Aug 7 2011, 11:02 AM']Anyone own/tried these out? I'm looking at the 212, seems good for the money![/quote]
I've just bought a second hand TC Electronics BC212 off Moos3h and I'm diggin' it so far. It's only 250w mind you (compared to the 600w GK). And they don't do a 4ohm version. Whether it's an option depends on what you need it for I guess.. At 8ohm I'm only getting 250w out of my amp, but even so, the setup is loud enough to keep up with a hard hitting drummer, guitarist and 3 singers.. with a really nice tone too... Be interested to hear a review if you do end up getting the GK though... Easy

I'm pretty set on getting the 212, will be the first bit of amp gear of bought new! They seem to be perfect for what I need, I'm thinking of going for the 8ohm cab ( i use a pre amp/power amp set up). If gigs get bigger and better I might go for two 212.
PS:
shinhoman - what amp do you use to drive this? and did you try it out before buying it? just curious.

[quote name='MarshallBTB' post='1335400' date='Aug 10 2011, 06:11 PM']I'm pretty set on getting the 212, will be the first bit of amp gear of bought new! They seem to be perfect for what I need, I'm thinking of going for the 8ohm cab ( i use a pre amp/power amp set up). If gigs get bigger and better I might go for two 212.
PS:
shinhoman - what amp do you use to drive this? and did you try it out before buying it? just curious.[/quote]

I have a hartke ha5000 that runs at 250watts per side at 4ohms. I didn't realise at first but to get the full 500watts you need two 4ohm cabs...

I didn't try it, I bought it blind from thomann.de and i love the sound. Excellent clarity and none of the harshness i get my my swr triad.